Home

Association: In-Progress Patch Items

This is a discussion on Association: In-Progress Patch Items within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

SimBaller's Arena

OVR: 14
Association: In-Progress Patch Items

This is not a final list. Not all of these have fixes just, I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up so you are aware of what I am looking into for the Association. As you guys know, we are always listening to the community; so if you think we missed anything important, this is a good place to let me know.

Items we are looking into:
- Tuning down Homecourt advantage during the regular season as well as during the playoffs.
- Issue with players having their roles adjusted downward when they become injured, which results in a low morale, which ultimately results in skewed Team Chemistry values around the league.
- Issue where performing Weekly Practices makes your players have 1-star trade value.
- Issue where Intentional Fouls are disabled after participating in an Intra-Squad Scrimmage.
- Tuning Draft Class values to be more in-line with the players they are replacing in the league. Players will be less uniform in size/weight to their position as well (meaning there will be small chances for talented 6'6 point guards, 7' small forwards, etc.).
- Issue with trade frequency being greatly reduced in future years. Also, tuning the timing of in-season trades.
- Issue with good players still in the free agent pool after the Free Agents period has ended.
- Issue with the Qualifying Offers time period being automatically skipped on occasion, causing the loss matching rights on restricted free agents.
- Loosening the logic the CPU uses to decide whether to accept or decline team contract options.
- Issue with undrafted free agents signing unrealistic contracts (PC users won't notice this issue).
- Issue with in-game saves when the save is made while the game is in a timeout situation (don't create in-game saves during timeouts until the patch is released).
- Issue where existing players are getting their signature animations edited at the end of every season.
- Issue where users are unable to waive players during the Training Camp period of the offseason when more than 15 players are on the roster.
- Issue where Potential values are not being properly updated in the player progression system.
- (PS3 only) Issue where the game is hanging on a black screen between the first and second quarter in the weeks leading up to the All-Star game.

Mind you, this list isn't comprehensive. These are just the core issues we are looking at right now. I've seen a few mentions here and there of people saying they are hanging on a black screen between quarters. If you are one of these people, please get in touch with me ASAP.

Last edited by SimBaller; 10-22-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Association: In-Progress Patch Items

Would potential fixes be able to be applied to already in progress associations? Thanks.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
This is not a final list. Not all of these have fixes just, I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up so you are aware of what I am looking into for the Association. As you guys know, we are always listening to the community; so if you think we missed anything important, this is a good place to let me know.

- Tuning down Homecourt advantage during the regular season as well as during the playoffs.
- Issue with players having their roles adjusted downward when they become injured, which results in a low morale, which ultimately results in skewed Team Chemistry values around the league.
- Issue where performing Weekly Practices makes your players have 1-star trade value.
- Issue where Intentional Fouls are disabled after participating in an Intra-Squad Scrimmage.
- Tuning Draft Class values to be more in-line with the players they are replacing in the league. Players will be less uniform in size/weight to their position as well (meaning there will be small chances for talented 6'6 point guards, 7' small forwards, etc.).
- Issue with trade frequency being greatly reduced in future years. Also, tuning the timing of in-season trades.
- Issue with good players still in the free agent pool after the Free Agents period has ended.
- Issue with the Qualifying Offers time period being automatically skipped on occasion, causing the loss matching rights on restricted free agents.
- Loosening the logic the CPU uses to decide whether to accept or decline team contract options.
- Issue with undrafted free agents signing unrealistic contracts (PC users won't notice this issue).
- Issue with in-game saves when the save is made while the game is in a timeout situation (don't create in-game saves during timeouts until the patch is released).

Mind you, this list isn't comprehensive. These are just the core issues we are looking at right now. I've seen a few mentions here and there of people saying they are hanging on a black screen between quarters. If you are one of these people, please get in touch with me ASAP.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Simballer could you also take a look at draft day trades, I've been through many drafts and have not seen a realistic trade when involving draft picks. The CPU gives pennies to the dollar involving draft picks and I was wondering if you were going to address this in the patch as well?
Old 10-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller

if u guys fix these things this would be the best GAME of all time not just sports. I love that u guys are listening and are makin an effort instead of bein like you bought it.get over it.Love me some 2ksports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Please look into the game freezing on ps3 only when trying to watch the White House visit after a championship. I have tried multiple times and it freezes everytime(haven't tried to watch it after year 1 however, so could just be after year 2 and beyond. My guess it would occur after year 1 as well though.). But it freezes at the same point each time.

Also, with the draft classes coming in, thanks for looknig into it! But question...Are you toning down how highly rated they are coming into the league? IMHO no rookie should come into the league at a 80+ovr. With the progression, they are in the 90s within 4 or 5yrs. Too many superstars in the league is what's causing the high ovr FAs not to be signed imo...So if you could, look into lowering they're attributes coming into the league. Only 2 or 3 should be in the 70s(and low 70s) overall. With the majority in the 60s, 50s, and some in the 40s. Thanks for listening and keeping us all up to date!

Oh yeah, will these fixes force us to start an association over or not? Maybe certain ones would force us to to see them(ie draft classes), but some won't? Thanks again!

Last edited by DarthRambo; 10-15-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

And the best game just keeps getting better! Thank you for the update, sir.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Will it be possible to have the Around The League Show in Association? Not it's not even showing in NBA Today games, but I think this can be fixed when the regular NBA season starts.

Thanks for making an already great game even better!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »