Home

Choosing a team for my Associate

This is a discussion on Choosing a team for my Associate within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Which team to start my association with
Boston Celtics 10 41.67%
Chicago Bulls 8 33.33%
Washington Wizards 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Choosing a team for my Associate

Ok guys, so i need help choosing which team to play with in my Association this year. I am in between a few.....Here they are.

Boston Celtics- Should i make one last run with this team and Build around Rondo and Perkins. Or should i just start the rebuilding stage during the season and start to move some guys?

Chicago Bulls- Derek Rose is Amazing, i think Rose, Boozer combo would be fun to play with.

Washing Wizards- This would be a complete rebuild team.....John Wall would be pretty fun to play with.....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Rookie

dking_11's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Choosing a team for my Associate

If you like a challenge; I'd pick Washington; myself I'd pick Washington myself but I like playing in the Western Conference cause it's tougher; I've played with the Blazers since NBA Live 2005; I would have recommended them to you; superstar player; too many gaurds too many centers; so you have trade bait; so just throwing that out there; but the real fun is playing with a subpar team and trying to bring them to the top; so my answer is Wizards.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

no more voters?
Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would go with a Boston rebuilding. Everyone is doing a Wizards Assoc. and the Bulls might get boring if you're into the Jordan challenges too...
Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always use the Bulls as they are my favorite team and always have been my favorite since the late 80's when I started to watch and learn about Basketball.... I'll admit it was Jordan that got me interested in them, but it was cause my uncle would go for them also just like he would go for the Buffalo Bills (my cousin would root for the Lakers and 49'ers) so naturally I became a Bills fan as well because I would have rather been against my cousin with teams instead of liking the same ones he did...

I have 2 Associations, one is with the regular current roster, but I noticed some of the guys aren't on it so I only played 1 game into that and will wait till the full roster is available and then restart that one. The other one is pretty much the current Bulls team just with Jordan on it as well.

The thing I was most looking forward to was being able to add a rookie Jordan to any team you wanted and rebuild him again which I finally unlocked earlier this week, it's just that mode is a "My Player" type of mode and I'm not into those kind of modes where you can only control the one person, even though that one person is Jordan, I still wanted to be able to control the whole team and coaching stuff as well... I may dive a little deeper into it later on or something? But we'll see...

Once I found out that I was able to add Jordan to a current team I was more than happy with that result. Only draw back is Jordan won't visually age. So if you add the 85-86 Jordan then it'll be that same looking Jordan with hair the whole time you do Association mode no matter how many years you go into it. So I ended up going with the 91-92 Jordan since he wasn't that young looking nor that old looking and just edited his NBA years down to 2 and his age to 22... You can't see/edit his age in the My Roster area, but once you get into Association mode then you can go to GM>My Roster and edit his age and NBA Years that way... I did try the same thing with an older Jordan and it didn't make him look any younger so that's where i pretty much knew it wouldn't effect his look visually... I've heard though his stats will go down though eventually the older he gets later on...

So I'd say go with Da Bulls!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Wizards.

Only guy that is safe is John Wall. You can build an entire team around him.

Boston would not be as fun because it would be too easy.

Chicago would also be easy to win with. Too many good players.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
MVP

FaM0us Skins's Arena

OVR: 10

You should use the Wizards as your association team

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »