Home

LeBron James; NBA 2K12 ?!?

This is a discussion on LeBron James; NBA 2K12 ?!? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-15-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
Rookie

dking_11's Arena

OVR: 2
LeBron James; NBA 2K12 ?!?

So I was watching Family Guy and some EA Sports commercial comes on; &&i sat and thought to myself; "hahaha this isn't an NBA Elite Commercial" and maybe so of them NBA Elite/Live people finally switch over to 2K since it's the only basketball game out; (kind of the reason I buy Madden; since there's no ESPN NFL anymore).

And maybe most of the Elite players; will stick with 2K especially with Michael Jordan on the cover; I mean seriously; who wouldn't wanna play with Jordan; and I'm not talking NBA Street; but then it got me thinking; what if they only get 2K because of Jordan and switch back to lowly Elite when it comes out? Cause for concern? Who knows; and that brings me to my main question.

Would you buy NBA 2K12 had LeBron James been on the cover?

I mean think about it; Kobe's out; Durants out (Elite 11) Dwight (Live 10) Melo (Live 05) Wade (Live 06) Paul (2K8). And I'm not saying 2K can't use any of these players because they're already or have been on a cover; but don't you think LeBron was due at 2K10 to be on a cover?? But to be fair for my favorite player of all-time; it was only right for 2K to celebrate their 10 year anniversary and being the best basketball video game and whatever else they had; with the best player of his generation; Kobe Bryant. Which makes Jordan; the best basketball player ever; to be on 2K11; a pretty smart move. How do you follow up 2K11 and Jordan; would be dumb to put Dirk Nowitzki or Steve Nash on it. I love Deron Williams; but after Jordan???

The only logical choice is LeBron James; for many reasons obviously; but seriously; unless you put Magic Johnson on the cover; this is the only choice of current NBA players you have. Problem is; nowadays it seems no one likes LeBron. I'ma Laker fan; I have Kobe; but I love LeBron and I respect his game; but not everybody feels how I feel; so my question to you is; once again;

Would you buy 2K11 if LeBron James graced the cover??

Cause that to me seems the only reason why they wouldn't put him on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: LeBron James; NBA 2K12 ?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking_11
So I was watching Family Guy and some EA Sports commercial comes on; &&i sat and thought to myself; "hahaha this isn't an NBA Elite Commercial" and maybe so of them NBA Elite/Live people finally switch over to 2K since it's the only basketball game out; (kind of the reason I buy Madden; since there's no ESPN NFL anymore).

And maybe most of the Elite players; will stick with 2K especially with Michael Jordan on the cover; I mean seriously; who wouldn't wanna play with Jordan; and I'm not talking NBA Street; but then it got me thinking; what if they only get 2K because of Jordan and switch back to lowly Elite when it comes out? Cause for concern? Who knows; and that brings me to my main question.

Would you buy NBA 2K12 had LeBron James been on the cover?

I mean think about it; Kobe's out; Durants out (Elite 11) Dwight (Live 10) Melo (Live 05) Wade (Live 06) Paul (2K8). And I'm not saying 2K can't use any of these players because they're already or have been on a cover; but don't you think LeBron was due at 2K10 to be on a cover?? But to be fair for my favorite player of all-time; it was only right for 2K to celebrate their 10 year anniversary and being the best basketball video game and whatever else they had; with the best player of his generation; Kobe Bryant. Which makes Jordan; the best basketball player ever; to be on 2K11; a pretty smart move. How do you follow up 2K11 and Jordan; would be dumb to put Dirk Nowitzki or Steve Nash on it. I love Deron Williams; but after Jordan???

The only logical choice is LeBron James; for many reasons obviously; but seriously; unless you put Magic Johnson on the cover; this is the only choice of current NBA players you have. Problem is; nowadays it seems no one likes LeBron. I'ma Laker fan; I have Kobe; but I love LeBron and I respect his game; but not everybody feels how I feel; so my question to you is; once again;

Would you buy 2K11 if LeBron James graced the cover??

Cause that to me seems the only reason why they wouldn't put him on it.
Maybe i am in the minority but i don't care if they put a panda in a miniskirt on the cover if the game is good. I really never got why the cover athlete is so important to guys. I hope some of the others that post in this thread can share why, i just never got why.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

LeBron jerseys still sell like hotcakes

I think you're overestimating how many people dislike LeBron, and underestimating how many people like LeBron
Old 10-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #4
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Your use of semi colons severely bothers me. And in 8 or 9 years, this is the first time I have ever commented on another's grammar, spelling, or punctuation online. But what the hell man? Use a period. No need for all that. Just takes away from your point.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 AM   #5
Rookie

dking_11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Your use of semi colons severely bothers me. And in 8 or 9 years, this is the first time I have ever commented on another's grammar, spelling, or punctuation online. But what the hell man? Use a period. No need for all that. Just takes away from your point.
Lol my bad man, it's how I type usually. I forgot my post was hella long and some might find it annoying lol.

But treasy idk, I live in LA and the number of people who liked LeBron last year has dropped big time, and while on XBOX Live it seems there too no one likes him anymore. And that's just from my perspective. It seems everyone who did like LeBron is now a bigger fan of Kevin Durant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Maybe i am in the minority but i don't care if they put a panda in a miniskirt on the cover if the game is good. I really never got why the cover athlete is so important to guys. I hope some of the others that post in this thread can share why, i just never got why.

I agree completely (and got a good laugh out of the mini skirt wearing panda )!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #7
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't think it matters who's on the cover but since they're was a mode dedicated to MJ, why not have him on the cover.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #8
Rookie

It won't matter to me if Lebron is on the cover, I don't really like Kobe but i brought 2k10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »