Home

Really, EA? Goalie AI is bad

This is a discussion on Really, EA? Goalie AI is bad within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Really, EA? Goalie AI is bad

PLEASE, EA, tell me you're addressing this in the patch! The Goalie AI in this game has gone from Artificial Intelligence to Almost Idiotic. This is really uncalled for. This is the CPU controlled goalie:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/41865367
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #2
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Really, EA? Goalie AI is bad

I know what you mean.

I`ve seen so many goalie FAILs,it`s not funny.

Playing the puck is a common one.

Right now,....the only temp. fix is to go into player edit and go through all the goalie`s and turn down the puck playing attribute.

I`m still tweaking this,....but tuning them from mid 80`s down to the mid 60`s is helping.

I need a job EA NHL,seriously I do......and you need me,and people like me to be testing and working with your developers.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's Marty Turco, I've seen him make a few of those plays last year with Dallas, and it won't shock me if he does the same in Chicago.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Coming out to play the puck is a Turco thing. But making such bad passes to the opposing team is just poor AI. And this isn't just a "Turco thing" it's all the goalies in this game.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:43 AM   #5
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Yup,..I realize that this is Turco as well,....who does like to play the puck a lot,...but the AI consistently FAILs at it.

The only work around till the AI is fixed,....is to reduce the AI`s tendencies to play the puck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

the goalies have been terrible every year these guy took over.. NHL 07 to NHL 11.. maybe one year we can get real time goalie physics lol..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
the goalies have been terrible every year these guy took over.. NHL 07 to NHL 11.. maybe one year we can get real time goalie physics lol..
Thank you!!! This is the one thing they have to improve in order for me to fully enjoy this game. They move in hyperspeed. EA made the goalies animations horribly. They are basically just there to stop cheese goals and not allow the same goal in every time (which doesn't work). I'm getting so sick of that horrible animation where the puck hits off the goalies shoulder goes in the air and all of a sudden the goalie uses this swing his arm move and flails at the puck. In real life goalies don't do that crap unless it's total desperation. I'm sorry but a simple shot from outside the circles should not lead to a desperation save. I think the main problem is rebound control. I will say they improved that aspect by having goalies suck pucks in but every shot off their pads leads to a horrible rebound and the goalie having to go into their horrific animations.

Goalies absolutely have to be addressed. The way they move is absolutely horrible. This is no question the worst part of this game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 10-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I've seen a lot of times this year where the puck is literally right infront of the goalie, only to sit in his butterfly and look at the puck.

Or they make an attempt to cover it and miss it.... who misses a cover up right infront of themselves...?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »