Home

How to stop Give and Go??

This is a discussion on How to stop Give and Go?? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to stop Give and Go??

1st year buying 2K since dreamcast days after years of playing only madden. I must say I love this game. I've been enjoying learning more about Professional basketball after immersing myself in football most if my life. I play on simulation - all pro and struggled until I started learning how to use real basketball concepts. Playing the CPU all of my games are tight until the 4th qtr where I usually wind up securing the win. After playing only season games for the first week I decided to venture online today and lost my first match to someone who basically did "give and go's" and fast breaks the whole game.

He had the nuggets, me the Heat, and he would pass to billups with either melo or Martin. After Billup's caught the past he would take 2 steps forward causing my CPU players to come up to stop the drive and then pass to melo in the lane at the basket for the easy finish. I started out in Man D and I was usering the PG guarding Billups. I switched to a 2 -3 zone D and started having more success but he was still able to exploit the CPU defense with the give and go pass. Why would my center and SF come up to stop a PG that I'm manually covering letting his CPU player run to the basket. I guess I should've switched to my center and guarded the lane . I'm just looking for suggestions as far as Def adjustments to stop the give and go type players or maybe the Heat defenders are just susceptible to this technique.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »