Home

How do you defend?

This is a discussion on How do you defend? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do you defend?

I cant defend the players.They past me everytime.LT isnt working.Do you have ideas for defending?Also CPU defend me perfect, even i cant pass the defenders with Westbrook.Crossovers are useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: How do you defend?

I was getting ready to post something similar to this. It's very frustrating to read how much fun everyones having and I can't stop anyone. Now I can't lie, I've been a Live guy since way back. This is the first 2K I've played since xbox/ps2 days.

I played the demo a lot to get familiar with the controls on offense. Now on defense is something else. The footwork on this game is sloppy IMO. One jab step from the CPU and I'm all over the place. It's frustrating watching the CPU cut on a dime and pull up for a jumper, while my guys move in a circular motion when trying to move from one side of the court to the other.

Didn't mean to highjack your thread or turn this into a impression, but like you....any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 10-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Body up your man. Initiate contact.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
Rookie

My Player or team games?

Try to anticipate what they're gonna do. And remember, good offense > defense.

Also, ratings matter. on ball defense, defensive awareness, things like that. So it does depend who you control.

If you play team games, pick your poison. Try to dictate how they play. For example, make Westbrook a shooter.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Rookie

When you hold LT button, your player follow players automatically and dont allow opponent players to past him in older Nba 2k games.But this time when you hold LT button, your player do nothing.There is no difference between holding LT and not holding LT.That is the problem guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

The right stick is very sensitive to movement. You don't have to push it very hard to put your defender in good position. Just slightly feather it to match the defenders movements and only use turbo in spurts while trying to recover. As for post D...you're on your own. Good Luck.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

Forgot to mention, in this game (especially with on ball D and passing lane defense) much of what happens depends entirely on you and your skill level. The Cpu will rarely bail you out. Just takes some practice to get used to. As I said before, defending the post one on oneis still a mystery. At least to me.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
DPG
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptureTR
When you hold LT button, your player follow players automatically and dont allow opponent players to past him in older Nba 2k games.But this time when you hold LT button, your player do nothing.There is no difference between holding LT and not holding LT.That is the problem guys.

They loosened the defensive hold that LT does to add more realism based on your defensive ratings so a poor defender will differentiate from a lock down guy. You have to do anticipating and scouting on your match-ups tendencies ie. likes to drive left and pull up a jumper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »