Home

PuntNL's NBA 2K11 slider tweaks (for use with the Real 2K Insider roster)

This is a discussion on PuntNL's NBA 2K11 slider tweaks (for use with the Real 2K Insider roster) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 14
PuntNL's NBA 2K11 slider tweaks (for use with the Real 2K Insider roster)

PuntNL's NBA 2K11 SIMSTYLE SLIDER TWEAKS
for use with Rashidi's The Real 2K Insider roster

UPDATE: December 19, 2010 - v5.0 (final) - (patch 1.2)
v5.0 available on 2K share for PS3: PuntNL's NBA 2K11 slider tweaks v5.0 (final) (PSN: PuntNL)
v5.0 now also available on 2K share for Xbox 360: PuntNL Sim v5 (Gamertag: xxxdisciplexxx)

I decided to change things up. I will roll with Rashidi's The Real 2K Insider Roster from now on (November 1, 2010). The 2K rosters are flawed for many reasons (tendencies, touches, injuries and even ratings). Give some of the blogposts of Rashidi a read (http://thereal2kinsider.blogspot.com/) and you will see he has a lot of good points against the 2K insider and the official rosters. Furthermore Rashidi's experience with rosters and the implementation of synergy sports data, make these the definite roster. (more info here: Rashidi´s corner: The Real 2K Insider)

I use the PS3 port of the rosters, latest version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
PSN Tag: ffaacc03
Roster Name: The Real NBA 2K11 – Third Update!
Roster Description: by Rashidi. Feat Synergy. Work in progress. See Operationsports & his blog.
As most who follow this thread probably know I want to adjust as less sliders as possible and with the use of this roster I hope to have even less adjustments from the default gamestyle.
Version 2.5 with the official rosters will therefore be the final version and you can find this in the 2nd post of this thread (below). This post will be used for the slider set (tweaks) specially cut for Rashidi's roster.

Of course the goal remains to get an enjoyable and realistic game of basketball (with as realistic as possible stats) and to do so with adjusting as less sliders as possible.

Gameplay
Difficulty: Pro
Game Style: Custom (start with default as a base for adjusting the sliders mentioned below)
Game Speed: 50 look at page 17 for my Game speed test
Quarter Length: 11 minutes
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Clutch factor: On
Shooting type: Real player %
FT Shooting type: Real player %
FT difficulty: 50

Select default gamestyle and than adjust the sliders mentioned below, so everything else remains on 50. If only one value is stated this value applies to both user and cpu, if two values are stated the 1st value is for the user and the 2nd for the cpu.

Between the (purple brackets) some adjustments if the standard set is not challenging enough

Offense
Inside Shot: 48 (48/49)
Close Shot: 50 (50/51)
Mid Range: 51 (51/52)
3 Pt: 53
Dunks in traffic: 42
Pass accuracy: 48
Contact shot: 45

Defense

Driving contact shot freq: 82
Inside contact shot freq: 85
Help defense: 70
Steal success: 47

Attributes
Hustle: 60
On-ball Defense: 58 (58/63)
Offensive Rebounding: 60
Defensive Rebounding: 40
Clutch Factor: 35
Fatigue Rate: 46

Tendencies

Attack the Basket: 60
Look for post player: 80
Attempt Putbacks: 60
Commit Fouls: 80
Playing Passing Lanes: 42

Fouls
Over the back: 100
Charging: 100
Blocking: 100
Reaching: 80
Shooting: 63
Loose Ball: 100

Last edited by PuntNL; 01-10-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Pro

Re: NBA 2K11 Simstyle slider tweaks by PuntNL

NBA 2K11 Simstyle slider tweaks by PuntNL

UPDATE: November 1, 2010 - v2.5 (Final version; from version 3.0 slider set is specifically made for use with Rashidi's roster)

v2.0 available on 2K share (PS3): PuntNL simstyle sliders v2.0 (PSN: PuntNL)

Most of the tweaks are inspired by the Simulation gamestyle introduced by 2K, however some departments will be a little more extreme (f.e. fouls) and others will be more conservative (f.e. shot success).

Gameplay
Difficulty: Pro
Game Style: Custom (start with default as a base for adjusting the sliders mentioned below)
Game Speed: 50
Quarter Length: 11 minutes
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Clutch factor: On
Shooting type: Real player %
FT Shooting type: Real player %
FT difficulty: 50

Select default gamestyle and than adjust the sliders mentioned below, so everything else remains on 50. Values apply to both USER and CPU.

Offense
Inside Shot: 49
Close Shot: 49
Mid Range: 51
3 Pt: 52
Layup: 48
Dunks in traffic: 42
Contact shot: 47

Defense
Driving contact shot freq: 70
Inside contact shot freq: 70
Help defense: 75
Steal success: 45

Attributes
Strength: 55
Dunk ability: 43
On-ball Defense: 60
Blocking: 45
Clutch Factor: 40

Tendencies
Look for post: 60
Attempt Dunks: 40
Commit Fouls: 65
Playing Passing Lanes: 42
Go for on ball steals: 40

Fouls
Over the back: 90
Charging: 100
Blocking: 100
Reaching: 80
Shooting: 65/62
Loose Ball: 100

Last edited by PuntNL; 12-21-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Yikes...over 100 fg attempts for both sides?
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 10-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
Pro

Yeah thats a lot! Was on 12 minute quarters and still scoring 100 with those percentages is not right. Probably have to go with 11 min quarters.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Pro

Updated the first post with version 0.75 for those interested. Changed quite some things. 3 point shooting is hard in 2K11, hardly ever reach 30% in a game. Would be nice if some people want to try these! Thanks.

Below some stats from a game which I had in the process going from v0.5 and v0.75 (still changed some things in v0.75 based on the stats in this game). Game was played on 12 minute quarters (11 maybe better again) and I played as the knicks.

NBA 2K11 sliders v0.75

Last edited by PuntNL; 10-13-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
Pro

As I can't really find another slider set which suits me I decided to continue with my own slider set. v1.0 is in the opening post. Had quitte some adjustments made, and it would be great if some people would want to jump in and try them. I think I am getting somewhere now.

My philosophy for this set is as follows:
I want to get an enjoyable, yet realistic game of basketball (with as realistic as possible stats) and to do so with adjusting as less sliders as possible. Furthermore I try to not break the game as it was intended by the producers by adjusting too many sliders into extremes (like to values of 0 and 100) (Not saying that it will if you decide otherwise but thats just my opinion).

Most of the tweaks are inspired by the Simulation gamestyle introduced by 2K, however some departments will be a little more extreme (f.e. fouls) and others will be more conservative (f.e. shot success).

I will post some stats with version 1.0 later today. Slider set is available on 2K Share (for PS3). PSN: PuntNL

Last edited by PuntNL; 10-13-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played my association game with the Blazers against the Raptors on All-Star difficulty. The sliders were great imo, really enjoyed the game. I was up by 20 points in the 3rd quarter, but then got sloppy and the Raptors came back. I play with player lock on PG.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

@ puntNL: which rosters are you using? Nogster, rashidi, ... ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »