Home

Missing Coaching Pictures?

This is a discussion on Missing Coaching Pictures? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Missing Coaching Pictures?

I have a question and if someone can answer this, that would be great. In Madden 10, most coaches had pictures, including offensive and defensive coordinators along with some special team coaches. I knew who everyone was and could figure out which coordinator I wanted to hire as a HC when I fired my previous Coach.

Now in Madden 11, all Coaches except the Head Coaches it seems have absolutely no pictures. In the off-season when I want to bring in a new Head Coach, sure there are some I can recognize with only the First Letter and Last Name without a picture, like L. Frazier is Vikings DC Leslie Frazier. Though if I look at some other coordinators I can't figure out who they are without pictures and I can't figure out who they are even with the first initial and last name. This really sucks that no coordinators have no pictures because it stalls me on when I want to hire a new HC because I can't figure out who anyone is.

Can someone please explain why most coaches no longer have pictures in Madden 11 even though they had pictures in Madden 10. To me this really stalls Franchise when people want to hire new Head Coaches and I'm shocked that this hasn't been fixed in a update yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

Re: Missing Coaching Pictures?

Why do they always moonwalk features out of the product?

Why in last gen when a player retired to become a coach did his head scan travel with him to his coach figure? Doesn't now, retired players lose their nice head scans and get generic heads.

Just the way EA rolls it appears, features are here today, gone tomorrow, with nary an explanation.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Dawsons_Creek's Arena

I was also wondering about this. Its like all coaches had pictures in Madden 2010 so why take them all out in 2011? its really strange. Also players like Ryan Harris from Denver had a pic in 2010 and doesn't have one in 2011... its annoying.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Only thing I can think of is they had a legal problem getting the photos in. EA Tiburon is pretty autistic when it comes to fixing and breaking things in Madden but to put something in then take it out when it clearly looks like it should be in...

Even for them, it's weird.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. You'd think like back in the day when they'd have the wrong pic it'd happen for a few years cuz they still had the pics on file. This doesn't make any sense at all. And I was curious about the players going to coach and their pic disappearing. Sloppy stuff...heh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Not only missing pictures but missing coaches. I know some coaches aren't members of the association but Heimerdinger isn't in. Mike Martz was in last year when he was out of a job but out this year when he has one. Its strange. You'd think it'd be a quick fix but I hold no hopes anymore.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Why do they always moonwalk features out of the product?

Why in last gen when a player retired to become a coach did his head scan travel with him to his coach figure? Doesn't now, retired players lose their nice head scans and get generic heads.

Just the way EA rolls it appears, features are here today, gone tomorrow, with nary an explanation.
I wrote a big ol post on this type of thing because it drives me nuts too, but I am about 95% sure that the head scans didn't transfer in 10. I'm pretty sure Carson Palmer isn't black, but I can check NFL.com.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

I noticed when starting Yr 2 of my franchise that released head coaches that are available for hire, like Norv Turner in my case, have their photos instead of the grey mist.

Given the grey heads are all there, I have a feeling the feature is actually there, but EA may not have permission to use the photos of those not currently working with the NFL.

And when Carson Palmer goes into coaching, the reason he might not have his photo shown is that EA are allowed to use his image as a player, but not for any other means.

Lawyers...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »