Home

Did something change in this game?

This is a discussion on Did something change in this game? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Did something change in this game?

I am not really sure if I am getting better but for some reason the game became easier for me even at hall of fame. Don't get me wrong I cannot win every game against the cpu but something feels different compared to my earlier games.

Someone pointed out that the online play was changed to cater to the casuals but after playing online for some reason me and the cpu can dunk more often. I was able to posterize 2 big men with manu freaking ginobili (don't get me wrong I love this guy but in my early games I could not even dunk much with kobe).

Is this a bug or what cause when I first played the game it felt different in terms of dunking and such. But still this is the BEST basketball game I have ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Did something change in this game?

Games feel different when playing different teams. Sometimes you'll be more in tune with what you're doing and you'll have higher scoring games and more PIP, some games you think you're playing good but you might not be so those games feel different.

That's what I think it is anyway. If you've played against the CPU then played online for awhile, going back to offline play you might, subconsiously, play differently.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

But it still feels like me and the CPU are getting more dunks. The cpu sometimes feel slippery and will get by my post defender and dunk it. I'm not really sure but maybe I'm doing something wrong here?
Old 10-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

I honestly feel that 2K secretly went in and changed the settings under the hoods. The game has been very cheesy online over the last 3 days. It was not this way for the first 2 days of release. Someone was dunking on me with Sasha when I played the Lakers. I was highly pissed off
Old 10-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
I honestly feel that 2K secretly went in and changed the settings under the hoods. The game has been very cheesy online over the last 3 days. It was not this way for the first 2 days of release. Someone was dunking on me with Sasha when I played the Lakers. I was highly pissed off
I noticed this yesterday as well (I still wrote my blog anyway LOL). But I did notice the game was easier on the sim setting. I was playing Hall of Fame sim (after feeling that Pro and All-Star sim was too easy, I thought I was just finally adjusting to the game) and noticed that it wasn't as hard as it was at launch. I think it's tied to the Living Rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

yeah i think its the roster update...i find it easier to...damn complaints about the game being so hard that it got nerfed through roster update...
Old 10-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I noticed this also. The game is easier that's for sure.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

This sounds just like last year, when dynamic attendance was added through a roster update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »