Home

Old 10-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

OVR: 1
2K8 or NCAA10?

hey guys,

I'm posting this in both forums so i can get the opinions of fans of each game.

Which game should I get? I'm looking for realistic gameplay, decent graphics, a deep dynasty mode, and above all, realistic rosters available for the upcoming season.

This would be for Xbox 360.

What do you guys think?

thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 2K8 or NCAA10?

I have both, and if you are looking for a game that is better in all areas go for 2k8. The game is the best college basketbal game of all-time. NCAA 10 is such a letdown. I would buy 2k7 over it. In Dynasty mode smaller teams have no chance in getting 5 stars on NCAA 10, but in 2k8 you can recruit those players from the time their freshman, to the time they and their recruitment and sign to a school. Nice to see your a Reds fan too!
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James

Last edited by HARLEE23; 10-09-2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished typing.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
I have both, and if you are looking for a game that is better in all areas go for 2k8. The game is the best college basketbal game of all-time. NCAA 10 is such a letdown. I would buy 2k7 over it. In Dynasty mode smaller teams have no chance in getting 5 stars on NCAA 10, but in 2k8 you can recruit those players from the time their freshman, to the time they and their recruitment and sign to a school. Nice to see your a Reds fan too!
thanks for the reply!

that really helps, since I'm a Butler fan (as of BEFORE last year lol) so i want to see the dawgs stay competitive.

and yeah, its great to finally see the Reds in the playoffs again, hopefully we can pull off a miracle now and get past Philly!
Old 10-10-2010, 01:47 AM   #4
Rookie

jagsfan82's Arena

OVR: 7

I would go with 2k8 for the rosters. I believe that editing the ncaa 10 rosters will be quite tough.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
agree with all you say,but ncaa 10 on ps3 i played a ton of with the choice of cbs or espn,presentation I liked a lot. but yeah 2k8 on 360 was/is sweet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

OUT OF THE BOX......

NCAA 10 is a better playing game with the pace, the floor spacing, post game animations, and presentation. It has all the tournaments, and the atmosphere is unmatched in a BBall game. But it does have the freezing issue.......(a work around is to not use the D-pad for anything during gameplay)

2K8 is unmatched in its dynasty mode and and recruiting, and allows you to CREATE your own plays. The ability to modify and share rosters, and draft classes to the NBA 2K games.

I play both as I have friends who play both. I'm waiting for DEEPBALL's rosters to be completed before I dive in deep in 2K8. He does a great job of creating realistic tendencies and matchups among the teams.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 10-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I also posted in your thread in the Choop2k8 section. I had both for the 360. NCAA 10 looked great but had zero to offer beyond that. I hated game play. The CPU would dump it to the post and shoot every time. In the 2 weeks I played the game I had games where I had double digit blocks because they did they same thing over and over. Recruiting sucked. I didn't know the points you had week one were the points that lasted all season. As Georgia I had less then 300 points. I was able to contact 2 players before running out of points. It has to be the worst I have ever seen and I only play sports games. The use of ESPN/CBS broadcast was nice at first but was not worth playing the game any longer. Was able to take the game back and get a new copy then returned it to another store to get my money back.
As for Choops2k8, I had a friend give it to me after buying a 360 off ebay. The game was still in the wrap. I have been playing it since 2008. The game has the deepest dynasty mode I have ever played. It makes it hard for me to play anything EA makes because they can't come close. Recruiting is great. They have a preseason high school league so you can scout players and find those diamonds-in-the-rough. Has coaches that effect progression, recruiting, and game play. The coaches change jobs at season end with coaches who retire, get fired, take new jobs, and move up. Even assistant coaches take new jobs and become head coaches. You have 2 options to start with. A open legacy, where you can be any school and that coach are create your own. Or the one I play, a closed legacy were you create a coach and start out at your choice of a list of low level schools. Here you have to work hard to move up and improve. The game offers full ability to edit players inside and outside legacy modes. With the Open legacy you can edit every teams players inside legacy. With closed legacy you can only edit you teams players. You can edit everything about a player including class outside the legacy but inside you can't edit class. I know you asked that in the other section.

You need to decide how you play. If you like play now games and want something that looks good then NCAA 10 is you game. If you like dynasty/legacy modes and love building a coaching career then Choop2k8 is you game.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

thanks for all the input guys, gotta say i'm leaning towards 2k8

Quote:
Has coaches that effect progression, recruiting, and game play. The coaches change jobs at season end with coaches who retire, get fired, take new jobs, and move up. Even assistant coaches take new jobs and become head coaches.
do the coaches have real names? they're not amateurs, like the players, so they wouldn't be included in those restrictions....

and are they editable? (name, appearance, coaching style, tendencies?)

thanks for all the help

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »