Home

2k needs to patch classic team availability for unranked online play.

This is a discussion on 2k needs to patch classic team availability for unranked online play. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
2k needs to patch classic team availability for unranked online play.

Listen 2k developers. We all know a patch is coming, probably more than one. This request is simple and it seems to be a common request. There is no reason the classic teams shouldn't be available for online, UNranked matches. For me personally, growing up during the 80s and 90s, these teams are an awesome addition. Having the opportunity to use these teams in a friendly unranked match vs friends would be even better. If you're going to refuse to patch the option, at least give a reason why. Deleting them from contention of ranked matches I get. Not allowing their use for unranked matches is a real head scratcher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 04:16 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: 2k needs to patch classic team availability for unranked online play.

You should be able to play any team, created or legend online.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Pro

yeah, this isn't going to get anyones attention on the 3rd page. How about a co sign people?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

This is a good point but you probably should change the title in order to keep the thread open. Mods don't like the 2k callouts in the thread titles.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

I definitely cosign. When I got the game, this was the first thing I looked for. When I couldn't find it I was definitely disappointed. Surprised more people haven't complained about this....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I wish that they would patch two things in regard to classic teams.

1. The ability to use them when you pick a random team. Right now, a random team is always a current team

2. The ability to put them into the playoff mode. How great would it be to put all those teams in a playoff to see which team was the greatest?
Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
This is a good point but you probably should change the title in order to keep the thread open. Mods don't like the 2k callouts in the thread titles.

I didn't know I could edit the title...How is this done? Also, I'm not calling them out. Just hoping to grab the attention of one. I mean really, I've seen a ton of people all over the web complaining about the fact this was left off unranked online play. This is easily my only gripe with the game.

Last edited by joel0078; 10-09-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

1. Most people aren't complaining about it because a good number of people who buy this game weren't even ALIVE when those classic teams were playing. Like last night I heard this kid go wow I didn't know Doc Rivers played basketball for the Hawks. Or they would say wow I didn't know Steve Kerr started off with the Cavs or Stacey King played for the Bulls.

2. Might be some kind of legal issue too. Who knows maybe David Stern won't allow it because he wants people to play with current teams. I mean in the past were we ever able to use the 80s or 90s teams online ? Whether it was NBA or NFL ?

3. I would be down for classic teams playoffs though, that would be fun as hell.

4. Classic teams really aren't the number one issue when it comes to a patch. I rather they patch more important pressing issues. I shutter to think what happened to Madden when people start complaining too loudly about classic uniforms, pink gloves, etc. EA patched it in but completely ignored the core gameplay.

Same thing happened with NCAA 11, people were complaining about dynasty and 3 patches later, that is all they worked on was dynasty and completely ignored core game play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »