Home

Still Too Easy to Block Jumpshots in 2K11?

This is a discussion on Still Too Easy to Block Jumpshots in 2K11? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Still Too Easy to Block Jumpshots?
Yes 73 61.86%
No 45 38.14%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Still Too Easy to Block Jumpshots in 2K11?

Using turbo its still too easy to block jumpers. Without using turbo shot contest is realistic because defenders stay low to the ground. Blocking shots while being backed down in the post is rare because the jumping verticle is realistic. In 2K10 it was easy to block post shots because of unrealistic verticle so glad this was fixed.

Compared to 2K10 blocking jumpers is harder because the AI CPU takes more fadeaways/leaners/momentum jumpers. The CPU contesting defense is fine but for human users, blocking jumpshots is too easy.

One reason is slow release jumpshots that doesn't get a lot of lift. Think Dirk Nowitzki's shot and Pierce's 3 point set shot. Another reason is using turbo, contesting shots creates unrealistic verticle boost.

Perhaps a way to fix this is lower the defenders verticle when turbo is used. This also reminds me of players having unrealistic rocket boost rebounding in 2K11. Especially big man like Zydrunas Ilgauskas getting way too many rebounds from behind.

If they can't lower the verticle, make the CPU take more fadeaways and/or pass out of shots more mid-air.

Anyone else have this issue?

In 2K12 they need to add specific animations contesting shots while backpedaling. When backpedaling it is difficult to get off the ground because of momentum/weight carrying you the other way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 02:56 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Still Too Easy to Block Jumpshots in 2K11?

FIrst off in real life when your back pedling its hard to block a shot why............because momentum is carrying the other way....the game emulates real life ...secondly they are hard to block don't know what game you been playing but its hard as hell to try and contest carmelo ina mis match again turk
Old 10-09-2010, 03:00 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashstriker101
FIrst off in real life when your back pedling its hard to block a shot why............because momentum is carrying the other way....the game emulates real life ...secondly they are hard to block don't know what game you been playing but its hard as hell to try and contest carmelo ina mis match again turk
Did you read what I wrote? Of course when backpedaling its hard to block shots. But this animation is not in 2K11. When using turbo I can block too many shots that I shouldn't be because of unrealistic vertical boost.

Very similar to unrealistic vertical boost rebounding in this game.

I average 10-12 blocks a game because of this. Unrealistic.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Did you read what I wrote? Of course when backpedaling its hard to block shots. But this animation is not in 2K11. When using turbo I can block too many shots that I shouldn't be because of unrealistic vertical boost.

Very similar to unrealistic vertical boost rebounding in this game.

I average 10-12 blocks a game because of this. Unrealistic.
What difficulty are you playing on because i'm playing on superstar- hall of fame and i get blocks every now and then i've even had shots hit with hand in there face because its difficult to block if your playing the suns you might get different stats but on super star and hall of fame on simulation it depends on where the hand is did it touch the ball not just cause your hands up in there face up your difficulty and run simulation style
Old 10-09-2010, 03:15 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashstriker101
What difficulty are you playing on because i'm playing on superstar- hall of fame and i get blocks every now and then i've even had shots hit with hand in there face because its difficult to block if your playing the suns you might get different stats but on super star and hall of fame on simulation it depends on where the hand is did it touch the ball not just cause your hands up in there face up your difficulty and run simulation style
Right now I'm rotating between Simulation All-Star and Simulation Superstar.

Difficulty really doesn't matter because its not about the hands touching the ball. Its about unrealistic vertical boost when holding turbo and contest shot button at the same time. Also slow forms with hardly any elevation like Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce 3 point set shot is another reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
Defensive POTY

TheRealTodd's Arena

OVR: 2

I play with the Rockets. Guess who gets at least 3+ blocks per game? I've had a triple double with Yao - Points, Blocks, Rebounds... and 6 assists Not to mention plenty of 5+ blocking games.

All my players seem to be getting in on some of it. I had Brooks in a mismatch with Kobe, I knew what was coming, and expected to just put some pressure on him and hope for a miss, but somehow I swatted him into the 3rd row... Sure I jumped outta my chair but I don't see that happening IRL.

I'm consistently getting blocks on every team, I play on Sim - All-Star now, even though I'm struggling with winning, I'm still racking blocks up.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:25 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTodd
I play with the Rockets. Guess who gets at least 3+ blocks per game? I've had a triple double with Yao - Points, Blocks, Rebounds... and 6 assists Not to mention plenty of 5+ blocking games.

All my players seem to be getting in on some of it. I had Brooks in a mismatch with Kobe, I knew what was coming, and expected to just put some pressure on him and hope for a miss, but somehow I swatted him into the 3rd row... Sure I jumped outta my chair but I don't see that happening IRL.

I'm consistently getting blocks on every team, I play on Sim - All-Star now, even though I'm struggling with winning, I'm still racking blocks up.
I know what you mean. Korver had 3 blocks for me in one game! Hopefully this is fixed in a patch (lower the vertical when contesting shots using turbo at the same time).
Old 10-09-2010, 03:32 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
I know what you mean. Korver had 3 blocks for me in one game! Hopefully this is fixed in a patch (lower the vertical when contesting shots using turbo at the same time).

Dude its Yao he's the tallest guy in the Nba of course he does stuff that normal centers couldn't do what you expect he was leading in blocks the year he got injured and in the post season he's a definite star

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »