Home

Think This Can Be Patched (Rebounds & Assists)?

This is a discussion on Think This Can Be Patched (Rebounds & Assists)? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Think This Can Be Patched (Rebounds & Assists)?

Rebounding stats are out of whack. Hardly any offensive rebounds. I play on Superstars Sim 12min quarter, and I'm averaging less than 4 off. rebounds/game! CPU is not getting many off. rebounds either. I tried turning up the off. rebounds slider and lowering def. rebounds slider, but to no avail. Looks like another slider (along with the vertical slider) is just useless. Right now I have off. rebounds set to 100, def. rebounds set to 1, and still there's hardly any off. rebounds. The rebounding in this game is just broken, no question about it. There's no boxing out, just players flying around.

Onto the assists: Assists aren't counted correctly. If you pass the ball to a player and if that player dribble once before making the shot, you should be given an assist. But not in 2K11. I tested this out several times passing the ball down low to my bigs. My bigs posted and did the dropstep and scored, no assist given. Passed to a player out on the wing, player pump faked and took 1 dribble to the side for the shot. Made the shot, but no assist given. Funny enough, a player inbounding the ball to a player making the shot, he's given an assist! This is not how assists are counted.

I think the assists can be patched, but I doubt the off. rebounds issue can. This game looks so good and in so many levels it is fantastic, glaring issues like these are just really turning me off. I'm a stats geek so these issues are just so frustrating. I'm hoping 2K can fix this, and quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Think This Can Be Patched (Rebounds & Assists)?

All my assits are counted perfectly.

Just keep playing and hopefully the off rebounds start to balance out.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Also of note: the lack of offensive rebounds can be blamed for the low scoring. My fg%, 3pt%, and FTA are all good, yet I'm in the low 90's to mid 90's in points. Offensive rebounds add more possessions, more possession equals more points.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
All my assits are counted perfectly.
Are you positive of this? Because I've tested this on at least 8 occasions. They do not count when the recipient takes 1 dribble before making the shot. I'm certain of this.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Just keep playing and hopefully the off rebounds start to balance out.
I'm in my 11th game of the Association. It's not just me, the CPU I'm playing against are horrid on the O board as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
Rookie

yes the assist are horrid in my player so passing the ball is a waste
Old 10-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

rebounds and assists work fine in my games. The CPU actually tends to get too many offensive rebounds imo
Old 10-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Although a great game I am dissapointed in the rebound and box out mechanics..I rarely see a box out and it's just vertical jumps to get the rebound..when someone like Carlos Boozer jumps over the rim like Jordan to get a rebound rather than box out this becomes a problem..Hope this issue can be patched and would go a long way in helping stats....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »