Home

Old 10-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Defense ?

I usually don't post on here , but I was just curious and wanted to ask people this. Is it me , or is the defense on Madden 11 dumb as a brick when you play other people ? ( Online and off )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Defense ?

Not just you. D is pretty bad in this gane.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

Ok ....... Because I was starting to truly believe that I sucked on D. LOL
Old 10-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

nah i've noticed it too. i actually had no problem with the D pre patch...but i did some investigating.

as soon as the second patch hit i noticed defense was broken even further, now to the point where i don't even have faith in simple zone coverage anymore. but i thought, well maybe its me and its just in my head, so i calculated the stats from 9 games PRE-patch and 9 games POST-patch and here is the clear evidence. the only thing i remotely enjoyed about this game was playing defense, and now its just a pick-a-play and pray scenario...what a shame.

average points allowed pre-patch - 11
average points allowed post-patch - 25

average yards allowed pre-patch - 201
average yards allowed post-patch - 344
Old 10-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was just playing today after not playing for a good month and a half or so because of crappy defense. Turns out it's still the same. What bugs me is the brick hands defenders have. I mean simple interceptions just clank right off their hands. Reaction time is horrible. Bad pursuit angles. Ugh. But the two things that just kill the game for defense:

1. Locomotion has completely ruined defense. Offense just blows right past defenders. It seems like defenders have cement attatched to their feet. A player on offense can literally run circles around a defender.

2. WTF HAPPENED TO circle switching to the closest defender to the ball? I seem to switch to every player except the closest. This causes for me to ultimately run my defenders clean out of the play on a regular basis.

Every game is 34-38, 42-35, etc. It's ridiculous and disturbing. I dont see how anybody that designed and developed this game could have possibly been comfortable with releasing this game with such a sorry excuse for defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #6
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krunk4u

1. Locomotion has completely ruined defense. Offense just blows right past defenders. It seems like defenders have cement attatched to their feet. A player on offense can literally run circles around a defender.

2. WTF HAPPENED TO circle switching to the closest defender to the ball? I seem to switch to every player except the closest. This causes for me to ultimately run my defenders clean out of the play on a regular basis.
these are great points, there is no need to perform a move in the open field vs a defender whether it be user or cpu controller. you can easily just run around them with anyone who possesses moderate speed.

i like the concept of acceleration, but it seems it had no effect on momentum when changing direction unless you try to make a drastic cut.

the switching to wrong defender thing is something entirely different, although i can relate and deeply sympathize. i don't know what happened here but its clearly another issue that needs addressed.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

I only play offline and have got the sliders set so I get some pretty good games. In my 2nd year franchise I got beat by the Chiefs 10 - 3, another game I won 14 - 6.

I have my pass game set at 13 ovr, the CPU not changed so much. Give these a try (note I play on normal speed):

User > CPU
Pass
QB Acc 24 > 50
Pass block 46 > 46
WR Catch 28 > 48

Pass Defense
React 40 > 69
Intercept 33 > 31
Pass rush 44 > 83
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
Rookie

T.P.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
I only play offline and have got the sliders set so I get some pretty good games. In my 2nd year franchise I got beat by the Chiefs 10 - 3, another game I won 14 - 6.

I have my pass game set at 13 ovr, the CPU not changed so much. Give these a try (note I play on normal speed):

User > CPU
Pass
QB Acc 24 > 50
Pass block 46 > 46
WR Catch 28 > 48

Pass Defense
React 40 > 69
Intercept 33 > 31
Pass rush 44 > 83
The problems don't seem to occur when you play the CPU , it only seems to be '' defensively chalenged '' when you play other people online and offline. It's like no matter what pass coverage you call when you play other people , you just can't cover. The only team I can really cover with is the Jets but like I told my homeboy yesterday , the only problem with that is that there are 32 teams in the NFL , not just the Jets. It feels like you playing a arcade game when you play people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »