Home

I will be astounded if any franchise players disagree with the following:

This is a discussion on I will be astounded if any franchise players disagree with the following: within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I will be astounded if any franchise players disagree with the following:

I want to be able to engage in the draft of the immediately preceding offseason's draft.

The only game I can remember that provided this was Head Coach, the year of Reggie Bush.

This is especially important for fans of teams that do not have a quarterback prospect. Every year, I'll play with the Bills, and wish they had drafted Clausen or traded up for Bradford (this year), traded for Sanchez (last year) . . . so on and so forth . . . all the way back to 2004 (Roethlisberger or Eli).

Of course, it doesn't have to be for a quarterback. It could be for any rookie, or if you think in your GM wisdom that the team should have made a better choice in the fourth or fifth round (perhaps you are a fan of a college player whose NFL team also needed a tight end -- Aaron Hernandez)
Trading for such a rookie in the pre-season just seems opportunistic and inappropriate. (Although it would be different if you could trade future years' draft picks, ex. 2011 1st to get someone in 2010 1st round).

I will be disappointed if the enhanced franchise mode of next year does not include this feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: I will be astounded if any franchise players disagree with the following:

I wouldn't want that feature at all, and franchise mode is pretty much all I play. Even if I was unhappy with my team's picks, I'll just try to make up for it the next year's draft.

I mean, I guess I can see some use for that feature, but I'm not sure how many people would actually use it.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:39 AM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah, it doesn't really both me at all either. They picked who they picked.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:41 AM   #4
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Agreed. Head Coach 09 had it aswell, it started in free agency, and I loved it. Feels so great to able to build up your team before yout get tossed into games.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:13 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I agree, especially if other things from HC come into play such as ratings systems based differently in different schemes, actually choosing a playbook for your team and building that up, and play learning. If they added that along with making certain ratings and size/weight matter more then this is very helpful if you want to come into a team and really put your stamp on that team. For instance if you want to turn a team into a 3-4 team or into a 4-3 team or if you want to change them from a pass first team to a run first team or visa-versa or however you want to build your team this allows you to have the offseason to bring in the role players to make your system work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 05:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Easy fix for this. start a franchise, pick your team, then sim through the first year. That takes you straight through to the off season the next season, which is where you pick up...
Old 10-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
Easy fix for this. start a franchise, pick your team, then sim through the first year. That takes you straight through to the off season the next season, which is where you pick up...
Exactly...
Old 10-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 12

I don't like this idea, no offense. In NFL Head Coach, you get to re-do the off-season and all and I really don't even like being able to do that (even though it's a nice feature). But when you can just make up for your draft choices in free agency or the next Draft, you don't really need to do that.

Trust me, if I could, I'd go back to the 2008 NFL Draft, draft Steve Smith and never even think about drafting Dwayne Jarrett. But, I'm totally OK with not being able to do that.

Good idea though.
I'm so theoretical and unimaginable you can almost say I don't exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »