Home

Player movement and cutting

This is a discussion on Player movement and cutting within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Player movement and cutting

Okay so people are having trouble with how none of their teammates move or attempt to get open when they're standing still with the ball.

I do think the AI needs to move a little more just for realism's sake, but for those complaining about it and how it's hurting their passing game you should experiment with the off-ball cutting controls tied to the left bumper (L1 on PS3.)

Tap it, don't hold it like when your calling for a pick. Then choose the icon for who you want to move, and push the right stick in the direction you want them to cut.

This makes the off-ball controls way more useful than last year when it basically only allowed you to grab the AI player closest to you and tell him to set a pick. Now you can, say, tap LB, hit the Y button and then push the right stick towards your ball-handler to tell your PF on the other side of the court to come to the ball. Then you can either pass to them or hold down the LB to have them set a pick.

Using that in conjunction with quick iso's, quick screens, and quick picks from the d-pad play-call menu allows for some pretty intriguing possibilities without ever running any actual plays.

Last edited by fffffffff9; 10-08-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player movement and cutting

Right stick cut might be a bit cheesy IMO. Just give the ball to your big man at the high post and send the cutter with the clearest path available to the basket. I've been scoring almost at will playing at all star-sim. Passing and hand ratings should be taken more into consideration in this situation.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Banned

Poweshow's Arena

OVR: 6

Would really like it if 2K implemented a pass and screen away mechanic to the game.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop
Right stick cut might be a bit cheesy IMO. Just give the ball to your big man at the high post and send the cutter with the clearest path available to the basket. I've been scoring almost at will playing at all star-sim. Passing and hand ratings should be taken more into consideration in this situation.
It's a pretty powerful tool in the right hands.

Speaking of powerful tools, try out the new hop step layups with the left trigger around the baseline lol...
Old 10-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffffffff9
I do think the AI needs to move a little more just for realism's sake, but for those complaining about it and how it's hurting their passing game you should experiment with the off-ball cutting controls tied to the left bumper (L1 on PS3.)
I do this, but it would be nicer if my CPU players would do it themselves. The game would look more realistic as far as players movement, and it would also save me time running plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »