Home

Players don't move unless you call a play?

This is a discussion on Players don't move unless you call a play? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Players don't move unless you call a play?

This game basically REQUIRES you to run plays it seems like. I'm bringing the ball up with Rose. If I don't call a play, all the players just stand there. No movement whatsoever. I'm not really a big play call kinda guy. I just like to freelance and run my offense through players' natural motion. But that won't work when everyone is standing still...

I remember in 2k10, players were setting backscreens for each other. Even though it was odd to see Noah or Gibson coming off curl screens, at least it was SOME movement. Anyone else seen this?

I've been told turning play calling to AUTO helps. But there's a glitch where if I turn "show play art" to OFF, it still shows. I guess I could wait till that patch that, but still pretty annoying. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Players don't move unless you call a play?

Don't know why you are experiencing this. My Wizards seem to move intelligently without calling plays.

One thing you could try is to edit all of the bulls player's tendencies under the freelance heading. Set your bigs to self post and set off balls screens and have your shooters make good use of offball screens if those settings are not high already.

Another possibility is from last years game. I know that after a while your players would automatically do things if you have called similar plays in the past. E.g. if you called a PF post play frequently your PFs would start to post automatically, and if you called sets that have off ball screens your team would automatically set screens for eachother. But this requires 2 things, 1) you need to start calling plays to kickstart the process, and 2) Always save your profile because that is what keeps track of things like that
Old 10-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

My guys stand around too. I wish they would just run off a screen or something. Sometimes it looks like my guy wants to, but then he just stops.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

As soon as my play breaks down, all my players stand around and do not move unless i call another play. hopefully this is something that can be fixed so that there is more natural motion offensively and things dont stay as stagnant
Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

if you stand still, your players won't move, but if you dribble around they will start to move...the key is to never stand still...keep moving and your teammates will move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm going through the same thing. the players will not move until the shot clock gets to around 5. Its so annoying. I don't like calling plays every time, players should still move with a play call.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari997
This game basically REQUIRES you to run plays it seems like. I'm bringing the ball up with Rose. If I don't call a play, all the players just stand there. No movement whatsoever. I'm not really a big play call kinda guy. I just like to freelance and run my offense through players' natural motion. But that won't work when everyone is standing still...

I remember in 2k10, players were setting backscreens for each other. Even though it was odd to see Noah or Gibson coming off curl screens, at least it was SOME movement. Anyone else seen this?

I've been told turning play calling to AUTO helps. But there's a glitch where if I turn "show play art" to OFF, it still shows. I guess I could wait till that patch that, but still pretty annoying. Thoughts?
Just call for a pick or a quick screen. That usually gets the offense moving if you refuse to call plays.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

If it is that much of a problem than call plays. It is not that hard to hit "right" then "square" (on the ps3) to call for a quick post up or off ball screen (forgot which is which)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »