Home

It would be a total Buzz kill if Association mode is as broken...

This is a discussion on It would be a total Buzz kill if Association mode is as broken... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
It would be a total Buzz kill if Association mode is as broken...

Not this, They cant mess this up, first off I want to thank the 2k dev team for creating the greatest sports game Eva...But Association mode is the one thing that they had 2 get right.

Im sure you guys remember Live 10( really fun game, great Nba Gameplay) Horrible Association mode(Franchise mode) Made the game totally unplayable for me...You would get scores like 156-124 one game, then the very next game the score would be 66-59, literally WTH is that.

Now people are saying that the home court advantge, and team morale, and trade logic is completely torn. This is a Panic Button type issue 4 me. I haven't personally played Association mode yet but if what people is saying is true then lord help me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: It would be a total Buzz kill if Association mode is as broken...

EDIT...apologies

Last edited by erickonasis; 10-06-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Sorry to say it man, but until they fix it, it is broken.

Home court advantage, particularly in the playoffs is just ridiculous. Home teams will win by a margin of by like 30 points almost all the time.

In 20 different sims iv'e done, one sweep has occured, one. Most of the time series go to game 7, and whoever has the home court advantage does usually win.

And it's not that trade logic is messed up, it's just after year three, you'll be lucky to see 2 trades a year.

I believe the Sim logic is the worst part. It makes the playoffs so predictable it's not even funny.

You will notice it during the regular season too. At the end of the year look at how many games teams lost on the road. They really need to fix the sim logic, badly.

They touted association as being so great this year, and because of these 2-3 problems, it's broken.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Banned

Oh man I Live 4 Association mode, I don't wanna contol all 30 teams just 2 make it feel realistic
Old 10-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
I'm sorry but these threads are dumb...there absolutely nothing wrong with association mode been playing it for over a week now
I'm sorry but this reply is dumb. Issues like these aren't discovered by playing a week, unless you play an entire season in a week than you can have a clue. These issues are discovered by people who run test-sims.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
I'm sorry but these threads are dumb...there absolutely nothing wrong with association mode been playing it for over a week now
You've been playing 4 a week but how far have u gotten in ur Association
Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
I'm sorry but this reply is dumb. Issues like these aren't discovered by playing a week, unless you play an entire season in a week than you can have a clue. These issues are discovered by people who run test-sims.
My fault...the association is brken for people who sim every game and dpnt actually play...i got it...My apologies to the TC
Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

To be fair to 2k, I was able to have an association where there are consistently 5-8 trades per year not counting off-season. I also see free agents being signed during the season. Still a smal amount of trades but at least there is some activity. However more often than not, I get the same state that Gosen mentioned: 0-2 trades within the season, 0 free agents signed within the season.

Tack on the player role changes that happen when players get badly injured which destroys morale + the ability to field super-teams by year 5 or 6.

I do consider this broken and I feel that 2k10's association out of the box is better than 2k11's association which is sad considering how much effort they put into 2k11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »