Home

OTP Dressing Room

This is a discussion on OTP Dressing Room within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
OTP Dressing Room

Redshirt,

It would be great to have OTP game setup similar to that of the dressing room for EASHL games. Many reasons....
1. Allow the players to select their position ahead of time. So often, we wait the 2 minutes to start play and everybody races for a position and if they don't get what they want they leave. A room of six often ends up being a game with three players because players that don't get their position leave to join another room and try the process again.
2. After the game is over the same team can challenge a new team...no need to go through the setup process again...players can choose to leave, making room for new players to join and they can change positions if they choose.
3. Ability to invite friends into the dressing room and the friends can play together...easily without the hassle of coordinating the setup of multiple friends into the same game. Not everybody has time to play on a EASHL team and the ****** gamer can enjoy playing with friends.
4. Maybe even the ability of dressing room captain to kick players from the room as well. Sick of the people that waste our time...don't ready up, don't pick position, don't play hockey once in the game (goalies not staying in net or not even trying to make saves, players who sit at the red line ALL THE TIME, guys who stay in the other teams end, so we're always offside).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: OTP Dressing Room

I don't think this could be patchable. I 100% agree that we need this... but here's my question.

Why did they even do this for EASHL? When you play in a club, everyone knows there position, they don't fight over it, so why did they add the position selection to this, and not to OTP?

Just boggles my mind.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Selecting positions would help undermine some of the advantages of the "teams" of OTP and simply make games more competitive overall. The average game experience is basically this: you get a position that is less than optimal, half your team quits, then you spend half the game stopping the other team from abusing the AI. Not "fun."

Another problem is that with the lobbies not freezing there are a lot more idle people. A few times I've waited to get into a full lobby only find no games open and it seems harder to get bigger games going. Then there is being on at 5am with 3 12 man games up...and 14 people in the lobby

Having the game room show the max players somehow would be helpful for all the people who don't come to the lobbies. There's no reason to hear "it's a 10 man room" every other game.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCash
Redshirt,

It would be great to have OTP game setup similar to that of the dressing room for EASHL games. Many reasons....
1. Allow the players to select their position ahead of time. So often, we wait the 2 minutes to start play and everybody races for a position and if they don't get what they want they leave. A room of six often ends up being a game with three players because players that don't get their position leave to join another room and try the process again.
2. After the game is over the same team can challenge a new team...no need to go through the setup process again...players can choose to leave, making room for new players to join and they can change positions if they choose.
3. Ability to invite friends into the dressing room and the friends can play together...easily without the hassle of coordinating the setup of multiple friends into the same game. Not everybody has time to play on a EASHL team and the ****** gamer can enjoy playing with friends.
4. Maybe even the ability of dressing room captain to kick players from the room as well. Sick of the people that waste our time...don't ready up, don't pick position, don't play hockey once in the game (goalies not staying in net or not even trying to make saves, players who sit at the red line ALL THE TIME, guys who stay in the other teams end, so we're always offside).
these are really great ideas. especially 1 and 2. here's another:

5. If a player doesn't move on the ice during an OTP match for more than like 3 minutes they should get removed from the game.

Last edited by Redskins Pride; 10-06-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Great ideas.

When news was coming out during the summer I remember the one about selecting positions before the ready screen and was thinking that was a good idea.
Go to play my first game of otp the other day and I couldn't believe they didn't change it for otp.
Though I don't otp much and I play d so it's not much of an issue to get the d position in otp it is still annoying to have 3 players quit, or even have some forward take the d position with the idea they would like to be the fourth forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »