Home

One Star Trade Values?

This is a discussion on One Star Trade Values? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Defensive POTY

TheRealTodd's Arena

OVR: 2
One Star Trade Values?

My association has been going pretty good. I lost Scola in game 2 with an injury, but I still managed to dump Chuck Hayes and Jared Jeffries for JJ Hickson and my Rockets have been playing way better than I expected to get to 15-8.

Now Scola's back, I'm looking to get rid of a couple of players to free up some cap space to have a shot at getting Carmelo once free agency arrives... Problem is every player on my roster has a one star trade value, and no-one wants a piece of them...

Yao is leading the league with 3.5 blocks a game, Brooks is giving out 9 assists a game and Kevin Martin is getting 19 ppg, putting him top 10 in the league. Still a one star trade? Don't think so

Has this happened to anyone else. It's basically ruined association for me now. Otherwise, this game is unbelievable!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

Golds's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: One Star Trade Values?

This is just a guess, but I would think this is happening because the player's values aren't evaluated by what the player is doing currently. This being said, I'm sure if you continue to have them playing good, their values will go up in the off season along with their rating progression. I guess this is actually a good thing because if a user could dominate with some scrub player and fluff his stats up (and in turn increase his trade value artificially), the player could potentially be traded for a legitimate star, while the scrub would still have his terrible rating and not play the same on a CPU controlled team.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTodd
My association has been going pretty good. I lost Scola in game 2 with an injury, but I still managed to dump Chuck Hayes and Jared Jeffries for JJ Hickson and my Rockets have been playing way better than I expected to get to 15-8.

Now Scola's back, I'm looking to get rid of a couple of players to free up some cap space to have a shot at getting Carmelo once free agency arrives... Problem is every player on my roster has a one star trade value, and no-one wants a piece of them...

Yao is leading the league with 3.5 blocks a game, Brooks is giving out 9 assists a game and Kevin Martin is getting 19 ppg, putting him top 10 in the league. Still a one star trade? Don't think so

Has this happened to anyone else. It's basically ruined association for me now. Otherwise, this game is unbelievable!
I think the star system is already put on a player from the game. Plus if you look @ K. Martin he has a contract that doesn't really represent the type of player he is. I don't think a team would want to put that on their budget. If I'm wrong about the star system then continue

But doesn't that hurt?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Defensive POTY

TheRealTodd's Arena

They had good ratings at the start of the season, I'm not sure when they decided to drop, but now I want to shake things up. I was only able to get Hickson (forgot to mention the Cavs 1st round pick, should be 1-5 ) beause they had a couple of stars each.

Now I can't even trade my best players for scrubs because of these stars!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTodd

lol, hmmm... have you tried making trades? Like going to trading block and looking at the trades? Because there are likely other players out there with value to your team that are 'one stars.'

No idea why they are one stars, though... and I do hope that their value changes. Maybe it's their age... or injury history, but I can bet you could at least get a couple first round picks and a prospect in real life with Yao. Same with Kevin Martin or Lee... not the pick things, but you could get a starting caliber player easily.

I'd not worry so much about the stars (my old starting C ((before I moved Cousins into the starting lineup) is Dalembert and he's got more than 1 star (like 1.5, whatever)... bout to ship him out first thing next time I play. lol.

Also why is 19 ppg top 10 in the league?

Edit: Ugh, forgot about Sammy being an expiring contract... maybe that's why he is a 1.5 star and maybe that's why your players have little value. bad contracts...

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
Defensive POTY

TheRealTodd's Arena

19 ppg is top 10 because I've scaled back sim quarter length so that my 7 minute playing quarters get similar stats to the rest of the league. I can't stand playing 12 min quarters, and I can't stand scoring 50-60 ppg and the rest of the league scoring 100. Scaling them back balances everything out.

I tried making trades, nobody would accept, I even offered Yao, Martin and Brooks for Shawn Marion... No dice. (Not that I wanted him, I just wanted to see if anyone would trade with me)

I'm thinking I might just have to start again. Hopefully it won't happen next time round... Either that or hope it becomes a big issue and gets patched.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Make sure to look at what kind of player you're trying to trade (i.e. if his new team already has depth at that position) and how good that team is. Guys like Martin might not have high value to rebuilding teams, but if you were looking to trade him to someone like San Antonio that might just need that one extra piece, he might have more value. Hope I helped.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Could this have something to do with teams not trading anybody after year 1?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »