Home

Roster Update For 10:

This is a discussion on Roster Update For 10: within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Roster Update For 10:

The EA people were on here daily up until Elite got cancelled. That's great and all, that they were going to keep us interested in their new product. But I would like to hear if they are going to update the Rosters for 10 soon. I've heard someone say it was going to be today... and someone else on here said mid November.

Can we get a real answer from an EA person?

I know that you guys aren't going to make any money by releasing a roster update, but I can't believe you couldn't get it out on the release day of Elite. It's just about giving us (people who loved your work in 10) something to hold us over.

Personally, I know a bunch of people that were like "10 is gonna be so fun with new rosters!" And I was like "Yeah, I can't wait to play with the new teams..." but that excitement isn't going to last until mid November... I promise you that.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Roster Update For 10:

The updates will most likely begin at the beginning of the NBA regular season. That's how it has been the last two years and I imagine that's how it works with DNA Updates again this year.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
The updates will most likely begin at the beginning of the NBA regular season. That's how it has been the last two years and I imagine that's how it works with DNA Updates again this year.
I don't understand EA.. why in the hell wouldn't you bring out a roster update on the 5th. Update the uniforms/courts and still at least be in conversation when people talk virtual basketball

EA are doing everything they can to kill EA Basketball
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Hey, that's not exactly what I wanted to hear... but I will accept that as a decent answer. I know you guys don't owe me or "us" anything, but we did buy Live 10 and did want a new game with 11... so hopefully it can be everyone on teams and the rookies that are real players.

If you can swing that by 'opening day' I will be pretty happy. But please don't wait until Mid November.

-Smak
Old 10-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

What I don't understand is the people complaining about this...if you bought NBA Live 10, you should have had ZERO expectations for 2010-11 roster updates and daily support for this season. That service is being provided to you despite the fact that they aren't getting any more of your money.

In my book, the cancellation of the game is bad news for people who thought they were going to like it, but EA gets an A+ for how they have handled that news. People are always saying that sports games should be on two year cycles with roster updates purchasable in the off year...that's essentially what happened here. Except your roster update is free!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
jsg
Pro

how can they have a roster available when elite was canceled less than 2 weeks ago all of a sudden? what world do some of you guys live in where you think something like that can happen in a snap of a finger?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Smile Re: Roster Update For 10:

Quote:
Quoted for future reference ...
Old 10-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsg
how can they have a roster available when elite was canceled less than 2 weeks ago all of a sudden? what world do some of you guys live in where you think something like that can happen in a snap of a finger?
thats actually a very good point, yet patience is a hot commodity right now as well as VG ballers wanting to play with updated Live10 rosters online
either way, the truth is, they are probably having to go back and start from scratch with a Live 10 update based from elite/live11 ratings,etc which isnt an overnight thing, although i wish it were

offpoint a little-i have been playing 2k11 and i like it, but i keep going back and forth between it and Live10, i still prefer live/elite to 2k11; reason-gameplay/gameflow & in-game graphics
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »