Home

How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

This is a discussion on How's Your Association Going? (2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

Might as well start this up for all you offline Association Heads out there.

I'll be rolling with the Knicks!

I can't wait to get mine started

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

Hey NDAlum,

Huge favor to ask...would you mind hitting me up with a Grizzlies banner (I plan to create my own website, too!).

For that favor, I can let you share my "http://www.mysimsports.com" URL and hosting service.

If you need proof it's mine, I can throw up a "Hello NDAlum" index page.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

While checking out simmed game stats here is an association that ran for three seasons.

My team was the Bulls, plus 1997-1998 Jordan.

LeBron won the MVP.

Jordan led the Bulls in scoring, and to the best record in the league with 57 wins.

The Knicks stunned the Heat in a 5 game series win in round 1. The Bulls faced Denver in the finals. Bulls won the championship 4-3.

Year 2 LeBron won MVP. Lakers had the best record in the league with 54 wins, the Bulls were #1 seed in the East.

The Heat lost in the first round to the Bucks...yes, the Bucks. The Bulls lost Rose to injury in the conference finals. The finals were SA vs Bulls, but without Rose the Bulls fell 4-1.

Year 3 LeBron won MVP. The Heat had the best record in the league with 63 wins. The Bulls, as Jordan's age was catching up to him (he was down to a 94 overall) were the 5 seed.

With Jordan injured in game 3 of the series (out for the series) ATL eliminated the Bulls 4-3. The Heat beat ATL in the conference finals 4-1, and then faced the Lakers in the finals. Heat won the title 4-2.

Sim games, especially in playoffs, are often blowouts of 30+ points. That takes away from the playoffs as even teams who win a series are blown out every game they lose.

Rotations in the sim playoff games are also off. Superstars often play fewer minutes in the playoffs than they play in the regular season. In the game 6 loss to the Heat Kobe played only 19 minutes. It is related to fouls - players often play fewer minutes because of foul trouble.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm currently in an Association with the Oklahoma City Thunder. I haven't started off too well, down 10-12 but seem to be coming back strongly. I've traded Cole Aldrich for Hasheem Thabeet as I needed the extra length. I also traded Sefolosha and my first round pick for J.R Smith as he seems like a player who I needed more. My problem seems to be going down in the 4th after being in the lead throughout the game.

My current starting 5 is:

Durant
Krstić
J.R Smith
Green
Westbrook

I'm really impressed by Krstić and his length and how he can still shoot a decent jumper off the pick and fade and can make fairly athletic moves to the basket. Westbrook is also incredible in 2K11. His dunk package is unbelievable and his jumper is pretty good too! Ibaka also now has a very reliable and very usable jumpshot so is perfect coming off the bench as he is a great rebounder as well.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

I'll be running with the Knicks also. I will put myself at PG (about an 80 overall rating), sign Iverson, and see if I can trade for anyone else that doesn't give me to large a contract. My goal is to use the first year to rebuild, then make some serious moves next year.

I also create about 25 of my family and friends and put them in free agency. I like to play against them as different teams pick them up. I make about two of them complete superstars. The rest I make rated somewhere in the 80s. My personal rule is that I don't sign any of them. I let the cpu teams pick them up. Last year, the cpu didn't make much use of them. However, this year I look forward to seeing how the cpu takes advantage of the talent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedZA
I'm currently in an Association with the Oklahoma City Thunder. I haven't started off too well, down 10-12 but seem to be coming back strongly. I've traded Cole Aldrich for Hasheem Thabeet as I needed the extra length. I also traded Sefolosha and my first round pick for J.R Smith as he seems like a player who I needed more. My problem seems to be going down in the 4th after being in the lead throughout the game.

My current starting 5 is:

Durant
Krstić
J.R Smith
Green
Westbrook

I'm really impressed by Krstić and his length and how he can still shoot a decent jumper off the pick and fade and can make fairly athletic moves to the basket. Westbrook is also incredible in 2K11. His dunk package is unbelievable and his jumper is pretty good too! Ibaka also now has a very reliable and very usable jumpshot so is perfect coming off the bench as he is a great rebounder as well.
Durant as Center? JR at SF and Green at SG??

I would Nenad play Center and Green PF.. then Durant as SF and JR as a SG..
Old 10-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly#1

Nope:

Durant - SF
Nenad - C
Green - PF
JR Smith - SG
Westbrook - PG
Old 10-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly#1

I thought the same as you, except the other way round. Haha, I thought KD was at PG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »