Home

How's your CM/MM Going?

This is a discussion on How's your CM/MM Going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
How's your CM/MM Going?

How are your CM/MM's going? What team are you using? Who's been your best/worst signings so far? Who are you targeting? What are your goals as far as your CM/MM goes?

I always enjoyed reading this type of thread, so why not get it started.

I'm still debating on what team to use. I've started three with Charlton, Southampton, and Millwall. Millwall is my favorite team out of the three, and I made some signings I'm very happy with, but I did a house clearing to do so. I may restart to make it a big more realistic.

How are things going for you?

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How's your CM/MM Going?

Currently about 1/4 of the way through my first season with Arsenal. Sitting in 9th place with 16 points, ten behind Man City who are at the top. I've lost two games, one to Spurs and one to Liverpool. I just recently lost Fabregas for 50+ days before the Liverpool game. The Liverpool game was brutal. I was up 2-0 after nine minutes from two incredible goals (Nasri & RVP). They came back to make it 2-2. Then they made it 3-2 after I went a man down. I then tied it back up at 3-3, but they got a header off a free kick in the last minutes to make it 4-3. Heartbreaking.

I didn't make any transfers at all, although in the winter I might attempt to bring in a new keeper.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

Restarted my Millwall CM.

Sold or loaned out 6 players, brought in 6 to take their place.

Brought in the following:

Gary Taylor-Fletcher, RM, 68 overall, Blackpool, 3 years/375k pounds
Tom Soares, CM, 67 overall, Stoke City, season loan/4,800 pound wage
Ben Alnwick, GK, 68 overall, Tottenham, 5 years/1,005,000 pounds
Greg Halford, RB, 67 overall, Wolves, 4 years/1.25m pounds
David Edgar, LB, 67 overall, Burnley, season loan/3,500 pound wage
Luke Chadwick, CM, 66 overall, Milton Keynes Dons, 2 years/260k pounds
Paul Rachubka, GK, 67 overall, Blackpool, 2 years/85k pounds
Adam Rooney, ST, 68 overall, Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, 5 years/1.5m pounds

Jonathan Spector will now be a January target or possibly a target during the next offseason. I recently signed a striker who took up a large junk of the funds and was needed much more than Spector. I'm going to look at bringing in young players to fill needs during tournament matches.

The big signing so far has been by Chelsea. They snatched Dimitar Berbatov from Man U on a 2 year deal, it didn't give a transfer fee for the move, just that it was 2 years. Talk about a filthy pair of strikers in Drogba and Berbatov.

Won my first League Cup game against Leicester City 2-1, then lost to them four days later to open up the season 0-0-1.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NHL - Wild

Last edited by Meatloaf86; 10-02-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #4
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

In my Arsenal career, I was just winning 2-0 at Wolves. They came back to make it 2-2. Then, in stoppage time, I made it 3-2. Then, they made it 3-3. Ahhhhhh!

I'm sitting in ninth right now, ten points out of fourth place.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

What have you seen with transfers? Anything crazy in the EPL?

I plan on keeping the Millwall CM going and might start an Aston Villa one after the Packer game. I was reading about Randy Lerner the owner and the sponsor they have is a children's hospice group, thought that was really cool. Plus they have a new owner so I can do the CM as if I hired my own guy. Which will likely be "Bob Bradley" as was rumored before Houllier was hired.

Aston Villa targers: Bendtner from Arsenal, Michael Bradley (have to, haha), and Thierry Henry.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NHL - Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Only have 1 more friendly 2 go before my season kicks off with Man U.

I am only aiming to buy 1 player for now and that is David De Gea (GK - 19 years) but Ill prob only make the move either during the 2nd transfer window or maybe at the end of the season, just need him to take over from 40 year old E.VDS.

Other guys I will consider signing if I can find the money. I play on legendary and United only get 32 million euros to spend and not a handful of wages so it makes it tough to sign loads of talent.

Jack Rockwell
Steven Defour
Alexis Sanchez
Wesley Sneijder

What do you guys think? Other than the obvious choice of having Sneijder take over my midfield, what about the other 3 guys? Best choice to take?
Old 10-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

I was knocked out of the League Cup by Derby County losing 1-0. Sitting in 6th after 7 games. 4W-1D-2L, 13 points total. Middlesbrough is at the top of the table with 18 points, I just beat them 2-1 at The Den. My two goals were amazing. The first was a ricochet off the boat of a defender, goalie was committed to his dive and was going the wrong way, very cool to see.

I've had one great save so far for me, I stopped a penalty shot during a match, should have been two that I stopped. The first I dove the right way, but went low instead of high. The second I just stood still and figured if it goes by it does, if not I have a save. Felt pretty good after that.

Anyone else seeing an inappropriate amount of fouls called on you, but not the CPU? Seems like every time I go in for a tackle it's a foul.

I think I'm going to stay with Millwall and not start another CM. I don't have the time to commit to two anyways. I'll be lucky to get in a game a night during the week. First year teacher and the director of an after school program, not a lot of time at night.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NHL - Wild
Old 10-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
Rookie

AFA_Falcons's Arena

OVR: 4

Just finished my first year in my CM. Played for FC Torino, helped them get promoted to Serie A, but signed a contract for Roma. Was hoping to get an offer from Inter, but didn't and couldn't turn down playing in the CL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »