Home

This game REALLY needs weather...

This is a discussion on This game REALLY needs weather... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
This game REALLY needs weather...

I know this may not be as big of a deal to some, but adding weather would add a whole new depth of "feel" to this game. Just thinking about the time of year it is right now, we're starting to have some very cool nights, etc... I want to see the breath from the players, I want to "feel" cold when playing this game. I want to see some light rain, dirtier uniforms, players who will do anything to stay warm or comfortable.

I know that baseball doesn't play under all circumstances, but part of what makes the sport so great is the feeling of being AT the ballpark. And weather/temperature plays a huge role in that.

Right now, as amazing as this game is, after a while, every game just starts feeling the same, aside from it either being a day game or a night game. I want April to feel different from October.

Anyone with me here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: This game REALLY needs weather...

I'm with you on this. I think it would be a substantial addition.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #3
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it would put this game over the edge. There needs to be rain which would result in rain delays. It would also be cool to see the smoke from guys breath when its October. I just think if they can add weather into this game it would be awesome. It would just add on to the list of great things the game already has.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 10-02-2010, 05:04 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

I agree, I've been wanting weather effects in the show for a while. I would love ncaa's dynamic weather system to be incorporated in the show. It would be amazing to see a late afternoon thunderstorm move in while on the field. I would love to see different cloud formations,sunsets,cold breath, anything weather related, It would just add to this already aesthetically pleasing game, and of course rain delays and such would add to the strategy aspect as well. In addition this would also bring us our first look at the retractable roofs stadiums have opening and closing during adverse weather conditions, it all just adds to the immersion factor.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

agreed with all. Weather seems to be the next step in creating the ambience of the ballpark.

In addition to whats been stated, I would like to add that I would like to see hot/cold weather have effects, especially on pitchers. Cold it takes longer to get loose in the pen, hot pitchers tire more easily.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 20

I agree with everything you say except rain delays. I'm not sure how that would work.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would love to see double headers. Just in the past few days there has been a lot of double games and it adds to strategy big time. Plus a delay say in the 3rd or 4th brings so much to pitching because do you keep your starter in or do you worry about him cooling down to much. Yankees are having a double header today against the Red Sox that could mean either home field advantage or wild card. Baltimore beat the Tigers twice yesterday in a double header. I would love to see games called early because it means you are trying to beat out the rain. You may bring your closer in early just to close it out before the game is called.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38

I've been saying it since 2006.....

I mean if wayyyyyy back in 2002-2003...All-Star Baseball had rain, snow, frosty conditions and lightning, what's the fuss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I know this may not be as big of a deal to some, but adding weather would add a whole new depth of "feel" to this game. Just thinking about the time of year it is right now, we're starting to have some very cool nights, etc... I want to see the breath from the players, I want to "feel" cold when playing this game. I want to see some light rain, dirtier uniforms, players who will do anything to stay warm or comfortable.

I know that baseball doesn't play under all circumstances, but part of what makes the sport so great is the feeling of being AT the ballpark. And weather/temperature plays a huge role in that.

Right now, as amazing as this game is, after a while, every game just starts feeling the same, aside from it either being a day game or a night game. I want April to feel different from October.

Anyone with me here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »