Home

Teams' Tactics are OK?

This is a discussion on Teams' Tactics are OK? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Teams' Tactics are OK?

I remember that, with FIFA10, there was a need to adjust the tactics for any of the non-famous teams because (1) they were too high on pressure and (2) they were all the same. I followed the general suggestions from this website ...

http://www.halln.co.uk/fifa/understa...tomtactics.htm

... and reset the non-famous teams in many countries (Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and England) before I began any manager mode career. I liked how this gave a different feel when I changed leagues or when I found myself playing in international competitions.

So - how are the teams' tactics in FIFA11? OK-to-go? Or in need of help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Teams' Tactics are OK?

There is definitely a difference. In my Arsenal career as a manager I've noticed teams playing differently. For example, Spurs were more attacking and left more chances for me to break on them.

I just got done playing Man City and played to a 0-0 draw. They always had a ton of men behind the ball and were insanely hard to break down.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

SpHSpH, thank you very much for the link to the custom tactics tutorial. This will help me very much with FIFA 10 PC. Very useful. +1 friend.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

So - we think that there is enough variety with team tactics in FIFA11?

It is not worth it to spend my time adjusting the team tactics for many of the lower level teams?

The "pressure" values are not too high in the team tactics?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm playing as Notthingham Forest and made my way to Barclays. I feel like I am getting all sorts of different styles from different teams and really enjoying the CM (except few stupid bug everyone complains about). I didn't feel the need to mess with other teams' CTT unlike in FIFA 10 (from that same link).

I'm not sure if anyone else realize this (haven't seen it mentioned) but I feel like this year, the teams adjust their play a lot more during the game as the score changes. I get insane pressure if I take a lead over one of the big teams. There was one game (of many) where I took a 1-0 lead over Chelsea around 70+, and oh boy, those last 15 minutes were like hell. I still don't know how I held up the score (considering other recent breakdowns). This is really cool in my opinion. It's a whole different challenge, and realistic. Man City coming back to tie it 2-2 at 90+ with similar extremely increased pressure and aggressiveness. Arsenal just going at it from minute one to give me a (never before experienced) 6-0 loss at Emirates...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
So - we think that there is enough variety with team tactics in FIFA11?

It is not worth it to spend my time adjusting the team tactics for many of the lower level teams?

The "pressure" values are not too high in the team tactics?
In general the pressure is too high for all teams for anything to seem realistic or sim.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDanjo
In general the pressure is too high for all teams for anything to seem realistic or sim.
yeah. the only way to make 45 minute halves realistic in FIFA 10 PC is to edit the team tactics sliders and lower the pressure of your CPU opponents. that and edit the GK charging parameters in ai.ini making them charge less.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

i play as liverpool and i do notice subtle differences in teams..

i noticed a HUGE diff when playing standard liege though.. they were almost impossible to play down the wings.. very difficult to keep possession.. i had to play short passes and through the middle of the field.. very cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »