Home

Fifa 11 Player Ratings Question

This is a discussion on Fifa 11 Player Ratings Question within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Fifa 11 Player Ratings Question

I don't understand the player ratings. The ratings overall are different than the ratings of the player when you put them on the bench and sometimes at their favorable position. I understand ratings fluctuate when you put them in their favorable or nonfavorable position, but shouldn't the bench be the neutral overall? For instance, John Mensah on Sunderland is 78 overall. Yet on the bench and even at his favorable position of CB, he's 76.

Last edited by Azkael; 09-29-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #2

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Fifa 11 Player Ratings Question

The rating you see when they are on the bench/reserves is their rating for their ideal position. When you put a player in a position that isn't his natural position, his rating could (and most likely will) change.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
Rookie

However, like John Mensah that I pointed out, his natural/bench/overall are not consistent. Some players' overall is not the same even at his natural position.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Rookie

There does seem to be discrepancies. In the right-hand side of the screen it'll say my RB is a 57 overall but no matter where I put him on the squad, 54 is the highest it will show him as. I'm pretty much just ignoring the overall and judging him by what it says when he's in his natural position.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Rookie

kmaxhokie's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't know if it is a glitch or what but it seems that when I move a player to a new position the other players around him change their overall. Lets say I have a RM who is a 68. So I put him at the position and put a 64 overall CDM (in the CM spot) next to him and he stays at 68. I then replace the CM with a 67 overall LM or CAM and the RM drops down to a 64.

If this was done intentionally then it is pretty cool. Basically you can't just switch players to positions they do not normally play because it will affect how other players around them are rated. It makes you have to find a team that is cohesive enough to play together. Or maybe it was unintentional and it doesn't mean anything......who knows

BOATSNHOOOOOES
#14 Virginia Tech (10-3)
Year 1 - Champs Sports Bowl Champs
#10 Virginia Tech (11-2) Year 2 - Chick-fil-A Bowl Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

It may have something to do with the squad chemistry having an effect on the rating (sort of like the ultimate team does)?

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »