Home

Still can't score???

This is a discussion on Still can't score??? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Still can't score???

Fellows I have been playing for 3 days now and I still can't seem to score. I use the LA Kings because I from Cali and I remember them when I was younger.

I'm on the easiest level and I am using the default controls. I am really digging this and Fifa 11 more and more just a little dumbfounded that I can't score. 1 goal in like 6 games S.O.S HELP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Still can't score???

Raise your HUM strategy adjustment. Let the CPU do it for you. This way, your players will go to the position they should be in.

Check out the other sliders here. Might want to raise your pass intercept, and lower the CPU's.

Raise your pass accuracy and lower the CPUs. I would also put player accleration at 0 for HUM / CPU and just raise game speed to 2.

Also, just have patience. Work the puck around and don't be too eager to just shoot. Shoot when you have shot, not to just "test the shot power. If you're using manual aim, careful not to push too far up on the joystick. Too far up and the shot will go wide or high depending on where you pushed. Overall, patience is key. Along with practice.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Try to set up more screens and deflections in front of the CPU net by using the overload tactic for your forward line. Try to cycle the puck around more, looking for team mates skating through the middle for good clean shots on goal. Aggressive forechecking in your offensive zone and board play should help as well.

You can also go into practice mode and play some 5 on 0 to work on your passing and setting shots up. This way you wont have any defense pestering you, just a goalie. Once you start scoring some goals then add some defensive players and maybe go 5 on 3.

Hope some of this helps!!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Use AUTO Shot Aim, take point shots when you have teammates in front, try using the create play feature. If you're still unsuccessful, lower the CPU Goalie reaction slider.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
Try to set up more screens and deflections in front of the CPU net by using the overload tactic for your forward line. Try to cycle the puck around more, looking for team mates skating through the middle for good clean shots on goal. Aggressive forechecking in your offensive zone and board play should help as well.

You can also go into practice mode and play some 5 on 0 to work on your passing and setting shots up. This way you wont have any defense pestering you, just a goalie. Once you start scoring some goals then add some defensive players and maybe go 5 on 3.

Hope some of this helps!!
The 2nd paragraph I can understand but the 1st I'm totally ignorant too, lol. This my 1st Hockey game and I understand offsides and Icing and things like that but line changes and when they should happen and is it automatic or manual? I'm slowly learning. What I find crazy is in all my years of Sports video gaming I have never really ventured into the Hockey/Soccer genre. Man have I been missing out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

If you're on default settings, chances are, your line changes are set on auto and your shot is on manual.

Change your shots to auto and you should see more goals going in (as well as better variety).
Old 09-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Raise your HUM strategy adjustment. Let the CPU do it for you. This way, your players will go to the position they should be in.

Check out the other sliders here. Might want to raise your pass intercept, and lower the CPU's.

Raise your pass accuracy and lower the CPUs. I would also put player accleration at 0 for HUM / CPU and just raise game speed to 2.

Also, just have patience. Work the puck around and don't be too eager to just shoot. Shoot when you have shot, not to just "test the shot power. If you're using manual aim, careful not to push too far up on the joystick. Too far up and the shot will go wide or high depending on where you pushed. Overall, patience is key. Along with practice.
Thanks for the advice but when should I use a wrist shot? A full shot? Don't laugh I'm trying
Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFactah416
If you're on default settings, chances are, your line changes are set on auto and your shot is on manual.

Change your shots to auto and you should see more goals going in (as well as better variety).
Now changing this to auto will they auto shoot? I like the idea of shooting when I want too. I don't want to give up to much control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »