Home

Madden Franchise "end game" disconnect

This is a discussion on Madden Franchise "end game" disconnect within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden Franchise "end game" disconnect

Anyone having an issue with the servers dropping for both players? It just says end game for both and it only occurs in franchise games.. I heard it was a corrupt roster, but deleting the rosters don't help.. It just happened to me and someone in an online franchise where the game was over and the disconnect happened with 14 seconds left.. Anyone have any suggestions? This is getting annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden Franchise "end game" disconnect

over half our online franchise games over our 8 franchises are getting D/C at some point in the game...usually 3rd or 4th quarter ever since the patch. almost up to 90 out of 178 played have been d/c at some point or failed to even start...people are getting really frustrated.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah man.. it's annoying.. some guys played 5 or 6 times before it completed
Old 09-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
over half our online franchise games over our 8 franchises are getting D/C at some point in the game...usually 3rd or 4th quarter ever since the patch. almost up to 90 out of 178 played have been d/c at some point or failed to even start...people are getting really frustrated.
I walked away from my OF just a couple days ago, others have decided to keep it running but personally I don't see it succeeding without the efforts that I put into it.

I lost the ability to play anyone in OF after Week 10 in our league, 7 straight weeks and D/C's before the first drive ended. We went from 0-2 sims a week to 6-10 sims a week around Week 10 because all of a sudden people we're being disconnected like crazy.

I make a living as a Network Analyst, I know there's nothing wrong on my end but that's where EA will place blame.

Personally, with their lack of interest in OF after dropping the ball with it in Madden 10, and that they pointed out the costs of running OF, for essentially a very small percent of their players, lead me to believe this likely won't be addressed in any decent time frame, or not at all.

I don't have time to wait for a patch. To run a 32 human OF, you got to have a schedule if you want to complete multiple seasons over the next 12 months.....and if you don't complete multiple seasons there really isn't much point in the OF, because there's no rise and fall of a franchise, no development of your draft pick, no fear of making mistakes, etc. Too many facets of being involved in an OF go out the window when you only intend to play 2-3 seasons. With Madden 10 we completed 4 seasons and that wasn't enough, so I set the pace for 6 and we easily would have attained that......until half the league couldn't connect any longer.

Some of the guys in my league have played together for 5+ years without these issues before. It's all on EA here, this is entirely their issue, their servers, their connection. Yet you contact their support and they'll blame your own ISP, your home network setup, YOU.

It's pathetic.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
Rookie

servers are down completely now.. wtf is EA doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

There are a few people in OS Vets that are close to being done with Online Franchise this year completely, myself included, if this stuff continues. With this happening it makes replaying the game over and over again un-fun, thus making Online Franchise un-fun

Old 09-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
Rookie

dawgs18's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by udungoofed
I walked away from my OF just a couple days ago, others have decided to keep it running but personally I don't see it succeeding without the efforts that I put into it.

I lost the ability to play anyone in OF after Week 10 in our league, 7 straight weeks and D/C's before the first drive ended. We went from 0-2 sims a week to 6-10 sims a week around Week 10 because all of a sudden people we're being disconnected like crazy.

I make a living as a Network Analyst, I know there's nothing wrong on my end but that's where EA will place blame.

Personally, with their lack of interest in OF after dropping the ball with it in Madden 10, and that they pointed out the costs of running OF, for essentially a very small percent of their players, lead me to believe this likely won't be addressed in any decent time frame, or not at all.

I don't have time to wait for a patch. To run a 32 human OF, you got to have a schedule if you want to complete multiple seasons over the next 12 months.....and if you don't complete multiple seasons there really isn't much point in the OF, because there's no rise and fall of a franchise, no development of your draft pick, no fear of making mistakes, etc. Too many facets of being involved in an OF go out the window when you only intend to play 2-3 seasons. With Madden 10 we completed 4 seasons and that wasn't enough, so I set the pace for 6 and we easily would have attained that......until half the league couldn't connect any longer.

Some of the guys in my league have played together for 5+ years without these issues before. It's all on EA here, this is entirely their issue, their servers, their connection. Yet you contact their support and they'll blame your own ISP, your home network setup, YOU.

It's pathetic.
I have tweeted Ian and Jeremy about it. Ian said they are looking into it. Jeremy said they shut down the server yesterday from 4-11pm.

I got on this morning and tried to play a OF game and guess what happened? "Lost connection to peer" in the 3rd qrtr.

If they ACTUALLY fix it will you go back to commisshing the league?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

i know this may not be a real 'fix' to the problem, but since the D/C issues started this has cut our D/C's down to next to 0.

before you invite your opponent to the OF game, 1st invite to unranked and quit right after kickoff. when you both are back in the OF lobby invite again and you should stay connected all game. it's the only thing that has saved our leagues...

maybe the network guy who posted earlier can shed some light on why this works, as it seems like a p2p issue where the game cannot establish a secure connection during on OF match. however if you establish it unranked 1st it will maintain itself through your OF game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »