Home

NCAA Football 2k12?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2k12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
NCAA Football 2k12?

I was reading the exclusive deal with ncaa that was a 6 year deal in 05' which means the deal would be up next year. Dioes this leave the door openj for other companies to produce a game or has this ddeal been extended???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 2k12?

As far as I know, the deal has not yet been extended, but that can still change. They have the license through the bowl season. Even if it is not extended, it's unlikely you'll see a 2k12. Not only is there not as much money to be made from the college game, but 2k didn't even make the game for several years when they could have (there was no 2k4 or 2k5).

And this thread will likely be closed.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
Ice Cold

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Yeah, don't get your hopes up for a 2k football game if the deal isn't extended. It wouldn't come out next year either, due to the fact that they'd kind of have to start on it soon to pump it out by next year. So we'd essentially be 2 years at the least for a new 2k football game.
But, again, it's not very likely.

Let's stop the speculating, IF 2k is going to do a football game, we will hear from them I'm sure. This is a very tired discussion.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
It wouldn't come out next year either, due to the fact that they'd kind of have to start on it soon to pump it out by next year.
That depends though, if they've worked on it in secret for a bit beforehand (they do already have the APF 2k8 engine to work with after all) then it's just a matter of adding the licensed assets to the existing engine and tweaking AI. It would probably come out later than normal, but only a month or so.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

2k would murder EA Sports in the next generation of College Football Games. No contest. Comon' 2k!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

very doubtful. too many people would still buy EA's game and this world is all about money, which there would not be enough of for 2k.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC2USC
2k would murder EA Sports in the next generation of College Football Games. No contest. Comon' 2k!
Exactly what evidence of that is there? 2k had a college football game, and it was terrible.

Which brings up an interesting question in my mind. I have heard it said, and I'm not sure I disagree, that the EA football "engine" is more suited to college football than to pro football. If that's the case, and I'm not saying it is or isn't, but if it's the case, does it not stand to reason that it was the other way around with the 2k games?

Perhaps there's simply a latent quality to both that favors one or the other. Just thinking aloud I guess...

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Exactly what evidence of that is there? 2k had a college football game, and it was terrible.

Which brings up an interesting question in my mind. I have heard it said, and I'm not sure I disagree, that the EA football "engine" is more suited to college football than to pro football. If that's the case, and I'm not saying it is or isn't, but if it's the case, does it not stand to reason that it was the other way around with the 2k games?

Perhaps there's simply a latent quality to both that favors one or the other. Just thinking aloud I guess...
Agree, I rather see scea bring back Gamebreaker, that imo was the only competition EA ever had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »