Home

3point contest and slam dunk contest

This is a discussion on 3point contest and slam dunk contest within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
3point contest and slam dunk contest

Will they ever find their way to allstar weekend because as a stand alone they are kind of boring but add the allstar weekend element to it and it would get more play plus it would also add more to the association. As of now its just taking up disk space that could have been used towards something else. But hey thats just my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: 3point contest and slam dunk contest

From what i read in another thread, i think EA has the license on All Star Weekend
Old 09-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Both of these features have always been pretty useless to me, i think the last time i played it was 2k8 and that was after pulling an all nighter with my friends and just trying to close out the night. IMO, the only real way to get people intrigued about these modes would be to make legends locked until you beat a challenge to get them. Like maybe making 25 or more 3's out of 30 to unlock Larry, or beating Dominique Wilkins in the dunk contest to unlock him.

Until something like that, the game modes remain to be pointless...for me and the people i know who play anyways
Old 09-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
From what i read in another thread, i think EA has the license on All Star Weekend
EA and their licenses smh
Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Rookie

305TillIDie's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
No wonder we get the "Blacktop" NBA Dunk and 3Pt Contest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I apologize for saying this everytime this specific type of thread pops up, but I honestly have never seen confirmation of this. One person seems to have suggested it once upon a time and then each subsequent thread mentions the license theory as truth. In all seriousness, I'd really appreciate a link stating as such so I could figure out exactly how this type of license would work.

As it stands now, having the license over a series of days doesn't make a whole lot of sense, though I've certainly been wrong before. From a logical standpoint, 2K still runs an official All-Star game and their dunk contest is sponsored by Sprite (like real life). If there was a weekend license issue, one would think that'd include the All-Star game. Even if it was an "All-Star Saturday" license, would it really be stated as such that 2K could copy the entire process except throwing an NBA arena around it? Because truly, that's about the only thing missing.

I always figured 2K introduced their dunk and three point contests in an outdoor setting to differentiate themselves from Live's dunk contest at the time. Since its inception, I'm just not sure 2K has ever felt it was worth up******. Though truly, I think they could definitely throw these contests into a real locale (NBA arena) now without looking like copy cats. A real All-Star Saturday is authentic.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Since we're talking about Blacktop mode, I'd like to see some sort of knockout tournament for the pickup games (1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, etc.). I love Blacktop mode. Whenever I feel like playing an arcadey type game, it's Blacktop.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #8
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33
Well i would like a link as well to confirm but i think there is some truth to it. I mean dont you think 2k would have added all star weekend already if they could? Espesially this year with all the improvements to the Association mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »