Home

** Rogie Vachon`s AllStar Sliders v1.00 -all modes **

This is a discussion on ** Rogie Vachon`s AllStar Sliders v1.00 -all modes ** within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6
**Rogie Vachon`s AllStar Sliders v1.00/v1.01 - BaP goalie & all modes **

PlayOff/End of Season Update:

I`m currently playing on Super Star and using tuner v1.01

==========================================
***NOTE***

Use tuner - v1.00 or v1.01 (1.02 and 1.03 can be used also)

These are for Super Star or All Star difficulty,...11 min periods. ( 11 mins for BaP goalie )

BaP Goalie - game speed - 3
BaP Skater - game speed -
BaGM - game speed -
Season - game speed - 3
Playoffs - game speed - 3
PlayNow - V
s style/goalie mode/player lock - game speed - 3
PlayNow ( cpu
vs cpu on Super Star )- game speed - 3

...................................(quick settings):

shot aim - manual
line changes - auto - ( I manually change them in game though )
created plays - on /off - ( I don`t use them,your option )
BAP settings - authentic

period length : 11 mins (11 mins - BaP goalie )

off-sides - delayed
icing - on (no-touch icing for CHL, etc)
injuries - on
penalties - 3 - ( 3 for playoffs,season,and BaGM? )
post whistle - authentic/relaxed
penalty time scaling - 1 (it`s helping with shot totals,without making the pp/pk feel too long)
fighting - 100%

.................................................. .................................................. ................
skill level - Super Star/All Star ( BaP goalie - Super Star/All Star )
game style - current

.....................................(general tab)

tuner version - v1.01............( v1.00,v1.02,v1.03,can also be used, I prefer v1.01 )
cpu aid - normal/casual

broken stick freq - 1

game speed - - 3
.......( your choice....I`m currently using - 3 for Season/Playoffs/BaP goalie )
attribute effects - 4
....( 4 on SuperStar,...6 on AllStar )

fatigue effect - 6/6
fatigue recovery -1/1 (one minute shifts,and recovery isn`t so fast that you don`t have to use your 3rd or 4th lines or 3rd D-line )

puck control - 0/0
player acceleration -
6/5 ... . .....( tuner v1.01,...I`m finding that on SuperStar,the cpu has a significant advantage when using the same setting as human,not fair and effects realism of player attributes )

.................................................. .................................................. ...............
.................................................. ..( A.I. ) .

AI learning - 6.......... (I use 6, 0 for BaP goalie )
cpu difficulty - 3
...(I`m using 3 ,for playoffs...maybe for BaP goalie too)

cpu strategy adj - 4......( 4 for BaP goalie )
BaP strategy adj - 4
.......(4 for BaP goalie )
human strategy - 4
.......( 4 for BaP goalie )
cpu face-off diff - 4.......(I use3 for BaP goalie,cpu vs cpu)

cpu penalties - 6

cpu teammate penalties - 5

.................................................. .................................................. ...............
..................................................(Passing)

pass assist - 0
manual passing - On

pass speed - 4

saucer pass - 6

pass accuracy - 0/0

pass reception - 0/0

pass interceptions - 5/5 *( this seems to be creating more shooting )

.............................................(Shooting)
.........**
human/cpu shot & slap shot speed is realistic **

shot accuracy - 2/0 ( 2/0 for BaP goalie )
*you could also use 2/1 if you feel the cpu isn`t good enough

shot power - 5/4 ...........** see note below**
slap shot accuracy - 0/0

slap shot power - 2/2......
**see note below**
one timer accuracy - 0/0
............................................(Checking)

hitting asst. - 0
aggression
- 2/4 ......( 2/4 - BaP goalie)
hitting power - 0/0....

stick lift - 0/0
poke eff. - 0/0 ......( this eliminates the weird/funny/odd puck bounces off of poke checks,and I`m not kidding about weird/funny/stupid/odd/whacked,this setting works very well)
...................................(Goaltending)

goalie passing - 2....... (this is perfect!)
cover puck - 6........ ( this is perfect, helps with rebound control ! )
goalie screen - 2/5 .......( adjust this for lower cpu screen if you are scoring too muchoff deflections and screens)
goalie reaction speed - 5/2
.....( 5/2 for BaP goalie)

================================================== ===========

Shot speeds
are realistic with the sliders set like this...this is confirmed by using the in-game radar ,in shooting practice......and in game, using the puck trail set on speed,to make sure the cpu players shots were the same as humans in dynamic game situations.

Last edited by Rogie Vachon; 06-28-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: update Title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: ** Rogie Vachon`s AllStar Sliders v1.00 -all modes **

Hey Rogie, I was wondering why you put shot power higher for human, I've seen this in a few slider sets and it doesn't make sense to me, unless you're just trying to reduce cpu goals...I don't find their shots are harder when the shot power sliders are equal....

and on a second point, I didn't consider looking at your sliders until you responded to my post because of the title of your thread....I think when you put v1.00 people initially think you're using tuner set 1.00...
Old 09-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

lol, sorry, you ARE using tuner 1.00...I actually try and use the most current tuner with the assumption that it will improve gameplay...which isn't always the case, but just the same, I like to use the current tuner and adjust my sliders from there...
Old 09-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I posted this over on my thread earlier but I'll say it again just for the heck of it.

I've played a few games with your sliders. Mostly on playoff mode. Pretty good so far although I made some changes.

Shot Aim-Auto
Pass Assist-3 I was having trouble working the puck around in the offensive zone.
Hitting Assist-3
Hitting Power-3/0 The disparity of hits in favor of the CPU seemed ridiculous before I made this adjustment.

I'll let you how these changes continue to work out.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Yes,..I`m using the unadulterated tuner v1.00

All the other tuners ripped the heart out of the game.

To answer the shot power question.....

I`ve always kept sliders the same for humans/cpu in the past,...(..and I`ve played everything,....I`m a gamer since I was a kid,......I`m a video game fossil.)
Always kept them the same,...

But with NHL 11,it`s different kettle of fish.....

For the shooting,....that is something you may have to try out for a number of games to see how it works for you,....and drop it some if you feel it`s the thing to do.I may nudge down too,if I find it too much....but in BAP goalie for example,it seems to help the human goalie`s cpu teammates stay competitive with the cpu.

I`ve never had a hockey game where I set the game speed to 0,as well as a bunch of other stuff.
Some stuff looks weird,.....cause it looked weird to me too.

The game play is what tells the story......and I`ve had nothing but heart pumping exciting gamepkay since I figured these sliders out.(with help from the whole community of video hockey slider freaks)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader999
I posted this over on my thread earlier but I'll say it again just for the heck of it.

I've played a few games with your sliders. Mostly on playoff mode. Pretty good so far although I made some changes.

Shot Aim-Auto
Pass Assist-3 I was having trouble working the puck around in the offensive zone.
Hitting Assist-3
Hitting Power-3/0 The disparity of hits in favor of the CPU seemed ridiculous before I made this adjustment.

I'll let you how these changes continue to work out.
Thanks again to you and the others for the comments,and such....because I do take it into account when I do my "playing reviews "of the gameplay.

I never expect people to go exactly to what I use,....I do suggest giving them a fair chance.....but if you need a little extra somewhere,it`s all good.
You may end up coming back to what I use,you may not.....it`s all good.

Have fun,play well,....score often,just not against me...LOL
Old 09-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #7
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofthething
lol, sorry, you ARE using tuner 1.00...I actually try and use the most current tuner with the assumption that it will improve gameplay...which isn't always the case, but just the same, I like to use the current tuner and adjust my sliders from there...
I think I forgot to thank you for the reply,so thanks.

I also usually always liked the latest tuners,....but so far with NHL 11,...nope.
V1.00........for offline,I have no issues with the way the game is playing,especially now with these sliders.

As a BAP goalie,...I see no issues with the top corner short- side stuff,and the other things that the heavy online crowd was complaining about.
Players do all that stuff in real life,and I know...

..I`ve played at the CHL level,and I`ve played with/against maybe close to a team`s worth of NHL/International Hockey players. ( a short list....James Patrick,Gord Kluzak,Ron Hextall,Gary Leeman,Russ Courntnall,Dale Derkatch,Garth Butcher,Mario Lemiuex,Lyndon Byers,Nevin Markwart,Lyle & Selmar Odelien,Todd Strueby,Gord Sherven,Mark Lamb,Brian Skrudland,Cliff Ronning,Rocky Trottier,Wendel Clarke,Paul Lawless,Brian Curran...)
*sorry to drop names,but there`s a lot of talented players there that I`ve faced,and I play a few times a week during the offseason with young guys that are exceptional,and they won`t come close to the NHL.

It`s a fast game,and the puck really,really moves at that level,as do the players,and the hitting is ferocious,...yet the game is subtle and smooth and flowing too.
I`ve come close to nailing it,with all the game modes,...or at least I think as close as what the game will let us right now.

I can only wait for the online game to match to what I get for offline play,....till then it won`t be any fun trying to play online.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #8
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Just a heads up,.....concerning shot power,....

I plan on taking some guys into the shooting practice mode to see if the sliders effect shot power in there,......because of the virtual speed camera,...I want to see what the game gives for speed of shots.

I never use the puck trail either,because,well,......LOL,....it`s a FAIL.But does it show shot speed,.....because if it does,I will experiment to dial in shot power slider better.

Thanks for looking at the thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »