Home

Punt Returns

This is a discussion on Punt Returns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20
Punt Returns

Couldnt return to save my life, but with patch 3 out I started a dynasty with the Canes and returned 2 against fcs west, 1 against North Carolina, and 1 against Georgia Tech. Ran one back against maryland but it got called back for clipping. Im avg. like 25 yards a return, playing on all american using some sliders from the slider forum, have too look and see which ones. Anyone else returning punts?
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Pro

Buke14's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Punt Returns

My avg return is about 3 yards.
Go Thunder!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buke14
lol, mine too.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah it's been working for me too. You have to find a cut-back lane, kinda like... real life lol. I got 2 punt return TDs in one game. Even though it was against an FCS school.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

I mean this might be considered cheesing the computer but I'll select all out block but the one that has the first 4-5 guys blocking then the rest man coverage, grab one of my blockers in the middle and drop him all the way back by my returner and once the ball is punted switch to the returner and not sprint till needed. Makes up for the blockers jumping at the line when they shouldnt.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buke14

mine too, plus I have a guy back there that muffs at least 1 punt a game. Straight drops it, hasnt cost me a turnover yet, but im sure it will. Kid is a 99 return rating and has a catch rating in the low 90s. Anybody else experiencing this
Old 09-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
Yeah it's been working for me too. You have to find a cut-back lane, kinda like... real life lol. I got 2 punt return TDs in one game. Even though it was against an FCS school.

the only time I have returned a punt for a TD is when I break 4 tackles right upon catching the ball. I dont even get a chance to cutback.

I play on Heisman, not sure if it makes a difference. Where I have the most success but never a TD is if I just play a Prevent D and drop back one of the Safeties to return it, I normally get like 10-15 yards doing that. Its super cheese though, so I dont do it anymore.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #8
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRYISAWINNAH
mine too, plus I have a guy back there that muffs at least 1 punt a game. Straight drops it, hasnt cost me a turnover yet, but im sure it will. Kid is a 99 return rating and has a catch rating in the low 90s. Anybody else experiencing this
I've found that if you move the stick ever so slightly while controlling the returner on a punt before the ball arrives, it causes a muffed punt.. Now, I may just be seeing/feeling this thing, but that's pretty realistic to me. Jump the gun on returning and you risk losing concentration and not fielding the ball properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »