Home

Quick question about the controls from someone that doesnt have the time or will to

This is a discussion on Quick question about the controls from someone that doesnt have the time or will to within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Quick question about the controls from someone that doesnt have the time or will to

memorize all of the Iso moves that can be pulled off in this game.

Is there a setting for simple controls like just a button push and the player will do the best move for that situation? Since I am much older than most of you and not a huge basketball fan this would make the game FOR ME enjoyable. It looks great and plays incredible based on the demo but I'll be dam if I have time to learn all of those Iso controls! lol

I want to jump in and just play a fun game of BB.

Thanks,

Blitz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Quick question about the controls from someone that doesnt have the time or will

Yea I actually wish 2k had some sort of one button style. Because I have friends who say the samething. They don't play the game because of the samething. Too much to learn.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Quick question about the controls from someone that doesnt have the time or will

Learning the dribbling moves isn't bad because it's intuitive. The motion you do on the left stick is the moves the player will make, and each joystick motion is designed to best resemble the move that will be performed.

Learning the post moves are harder to do though and I can see why you wouldn't want to spend all that time learning and practising them.

There isn't really a single button that will do moves. Best advice I could give you is just learn maybe a few of them and just stick to those moves.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
Banned

newmoon's Arena

OVR: 5

Gawd I hope not! one Button control is a cheesers wet dream!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

You can change the control scheme but there is not going to be a button that will perform the best move based on the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

I hope this is only optional offline for cases like yours (casual-semi-casual gamers) b/c I like the fact that it takes skill to be able to play the game effectively.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Yea I actually wish 2k had some sort of one button style. Because I have friends who say the samething. They don't play the game because of the samething. Too much to learn.
so how will they get their basketball fix? basketball games are getting complex. there will be more simple way to play lol
Old 09-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
so how will they get their basketball fix? basketball games are getting complex. there will be more simple way to play lol

These guys are (more casual) non-basketball fans. They don't play basketball. But they would play a game. But as long as its not too hard. A great example. I can get them to play fifa soccer. Because its is a very basic game.... pass and shoot. They don't need to know how to do the superstar dribbling moves to score. Soccer is a different game as a whole. But we have more fun playing that because the game is much easier with only 2 (maybe 3 cross pass) buttons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »