Home

Why does Donny Moore jump the gun on roster updates!!!

This is a discussion on Why does Donny Moore jump the gun on roster updates!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why does Donny Moore jump the gun on roster updates!!!

I am sick of after one week he makes a team worse! I am a huge Niners fan, you can find me on the PS3 as glitchersbeware or footeclint, if you wanna challange but back to the topic! So the Niners play bad on week one yes. But look at week 2 vs the Super Bowl champs. Despite having a -4 TO ratio the almost got the win. The out gained the Saints. Out played the Saint. Just killed them selves with turnovers. Now All my offence besides Vernon Davis and the back ups were dropped a point. So I assume there should be a week 2 update to correct this. If I am not mistaken the Niners offense out gained the saint and should be rewarded. Alex Smith is not a 76, 80 at most and more accurate. Crabtree is not an 82, when he was first put in the game he was an 84!!! There line is way better then what he has them as. So lets give them some respect Donny Moore!! Just cuz the team has a lot of young or not known players doesn't mean there ratings should be so low. Like Isaac Sopoaga. One of the niners d-ends. A 71!!!!! You have to be kinding me, just cuz he is not a sack monster!!! I am pretty sure they are considered to have one of the best front sevens in all of football. He should be at least and 82!!! You can not run on the niners. Even though in Madden it sure seems like you can!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Why does Donny Moore jump the gun on roster updates!!!

Are you seriously complaining about Crabtree dropping from an 84 to an 82? What exactly has he done to justify even being an 82? Ok sure you out gained us last week but i'm pretty sure the whole body of work is thought of when adjusting ratings.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Are you seriously complaining about Crabtree dropping from an 84 to an 82? What exactly has he done to justify even being an 82? Ok sure you out gained us last week but i'm pretty sure the whole body of work is thought of when adjusting ratings.
Exactly right, the entire body of work. Players sometimes play at their peak level, sometimes they play at their level, sometimes players play below their peak level. We try and reflect that as best we can with weekly roster updates.

Do we catch each and every little thing that happens each week? No. But that is our pie-in-the-sky goal, absolutely.

BTW - look for more Crabtree action after his explosive 1 catch for 32 yards performance against the Saints on MNF.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
Rookie

I hate to say it but I agree with you. Crabtree was 84 overall in his rookie year in the game, now he is a 82 ovr in the game? Really.. that doesnt make sense, he only got better every week last year. Now after 1 bad game they put him down 2 overall points, wtf lol..

Also Sopoaga is a run stopping machine, he might not be great as a pass rusher but he is one of the better run stopping DEs in the league, he should be a 76 overall, easily.

I also love how Ahmad Brooks has a 52 finesse move rating after having 6 sacks and 5 forced fumbles when seeing action in only the last 6 games.. Just because players arent superstars it doesnt mean their ratings have to suck (e.g. Sopoaga and Brooks).

You guys need people that actually know teams' players for the rosters man..

And that weekly roster update based on 1 game is freaken stupid, thats probably the dumbest idea ive heard of in the Madden franchise, and Ive owned every copy since Madden 2000..
Old 09-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

the whole body of work...are you kidding me?? the whole body of work was the niners dominating the saints for 3 quarters but killing themselves. dont try to justify just because the saints got a win that the whole body of work was better. if anything the niners should have increased ratings for week 3 if you want to judge so much on one weeks worth of play and yes the week 1 rating update is idiodic. theres not much to show for for ratings to be changed, teams are still trying to get it together.

Last edited by danieldk51491; 09-22-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldk51491
the whole body of work...are you kidding me?? the whole body of work was the niners dominating the saints for 3 quarters but killing themselves. dont try to justify just because the saints got a win that the whole body of work was better. if anything the niners should have increased ratings for week 3 if you want to judge so much on one weeks worth of play and yes the week 1 rating update is idiodic. theres not much to show for for ratings to be changed, teams are still trying to get it together.
I'm not talking about what whole body of work being 3 quarters or even 4. What i'm trying to say is you're acting like every 49ers player should be rated higher then the saints just cause you supposedly dominated them for 3 quarters. For example, last year the bucs upset the Saints i don't think anyone is gonna all of a sudden rate the bucs the best team in the NFL, because if you look at the history of those players that season and in the past it would tell you that they aren't that good.

What it really sounds like is your just bent out of shape cause your team lost, it happens move on your team did it everything it could to win they just fell short.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
Banned

don't know.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey,I have an idea for every ungreatful person on this site that believes ''THEIR'' team is better than everyone else team and is disappointed with Donnie's ratings...

RE-RATE THEM YOURSELF AND MAKE THEM HOW YOU WANT THEM!!!

Crabtree above 82? really? What has he ever done to prove that he's better than that besides being drafted high?

If thats the case, let's go ahead and give Amobi Akoye a 85 rating just cause i like the texans and he's too low and I want him higher, He has a sack this year! should be rated higher than that cause he has a sack right. You people are rediculous, and the rosters are fine. When your player outperforms his rating, then he will get a boost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »