Home

Franchise Mode Changes

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode Changes within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Rookie

nron's Arena

OVR: 4
Franchise Mode Changes

Has any info been released yet about any changes to Franchise mode?
Did they make it more in-depth?

Sorry if this topic has been exhausted...I haven't read anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Franchise Mode Changes

Nope not at all. I have been waiting to see if they did anything at all to franchise mode and nothing to this date.

And I'm not looking to hear that cpu trade logic has been tweaked(which was needed also). I mean something big to the franchise mode.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Rookie

nron's Arena

OVR: 4

Could something be released in the coming days, or do you think this pretty much means nothing has changed?

Franchise mode needs a serious overhaul, I think everyone can agree to that!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

To be honest the game is what it is right now. The game is gold at this point or close to it, so it is already being printed to shipped out. The changes needed to this franchise mode to be competitive will take a couple years if not more to come to life.

If you are looking for a deep franchise mode then this game isn't for you. If you want an online focused experince then this is for you.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
To be honest the game is what it is right now. The game is gold at this point or close to it, so it is already being printed to shipped out. The changes needed to this franchise mode to be competitive will take a couple years if not more to come to life.

If you are looking for a deep franchise mode then this game isn't for you. If you want an online focused experince then this is for you.
Yeah, the game is indeed likely about finished at this point, but perhaps they just have not chosen to release Franchise information yet. Probably a little hopelessly optimistic but still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yeah, the game is indeed likely about finished at this point, but perhaps they just have not chosen to release Franchise information yet. Probably a little hopelessly optimistic but still.
Could be true but at this point that optimism is gone. At least for me it is. After all the bombshells dropped by their competition all we heard from them(EA and not specifically directed at reAnimator or step) was "control, control, control". I'm perfectly fine with that being their big gameplay difference this year but I'm hurt by the fact that franchise mode was neglected in favor of online play.

This game was built for 1 on 1 gameplay but in a 5 on 5 setting. This translates well to user vs. user games(same console or online) but does absolutely nothing for us franchise gamers who are stuck playing against a bad CPU AI. Even if you turn on auto play calling in the demo the CPU AI is still severly lacking. The 1 on 1 gameplay is fine but Elite is depicting a 5 on 5 sport which doesn't mesh as good as i hoped.

Knowing what the NHL guy did for that series is promising going forward but as for this year, we are stuck with the bare bones dynasty we had last year. Heck even the NHL game has in-game injuries. Maybe this is me ranting too early and hopefully I will be wrong. Not just for me but for all offline gamers who still enjoy offline franchise more then online competition. We may be in the minority but we should still get some kind of love.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Pretty sure they added the GM tracker & ESPN presentation throughout. I wouldn't expect any of the little details the competition makes blogs about.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

@the kid......you make it sound bad that the comp is showing what they did......ea started this and now its bad.....ok

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »