Home

New York Rangers: I Am A Ranger

This is a discussion on New York Rangers: I Am A Ranger within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
New York Rangers: I Am A Ranger

I Am A Ranger
Game Settings:
Version - NHL 11 (PS3)
Patch - n/a
Roster - EA Update
Tuner Set - v1.03
Game Mode - Be A GM

Gameplay:
Difficulty - All-Star
Length - 8 Minutes
Sliders - OnlyByGrace (OS Slider Forum)
Other - Play all NHL Games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Pro

Re: New York Rangers: I Am A Ranger

New York Rangers 2010/11 Depth Chart:

Old 09-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
Pro

Game 1 - New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres

Sabre'Matics!
Buffalo make the numbers work, Rangers sink in opener

Above: Callahan gave the Rangers hope with a scrappy finish past Ryan Miller; (Right) Vanek foiled by Biron, but it was the Sabre who celebrated at the buzzer

(AP) - A rough opener for the New York Rangers as the Sabres impressed at home to improve to 2-0-0, thanks to a pair of Powerplay goals as Buffalo punished an ill-disciplined Rangers effort on the ice. Leopold's close range shot proved to be the key in the 3rd period, as Buffalo ran up 20 shots alone in the period en route to victory.

Buffalo started up brightly and would strike early as Jason Pominville tucked home following a quick setup in the Rangers zone. Martin Biron the surprise choice to start the season in the Rangers net would then begin to thwart the Sabre threat as kept the score at 1, whilst working his way to a game high 45 saves.

The game would come alive in the 2nd period, firstly Callahan tied things up as he picked up a rebound to finally break Miller's resistance. "We had to work hard to try and pick off Buffalo, the problem is we left ourselves in too many bad situations, we wasted our chance at 1-1 and in the end got what we deserved" explained Rangers Captain Chris Drury.

That would be the final high for the Rangers though as Buffalo would net their first Powerplay goal through an unassisted wrist shot from Derek Roy for the 2-1 advantage. The game would then decend into farce for the Rangers in the 3rd period as they took 4 penalties, giving Buffalo a chance to pepper Biron in the Ranger' net and eventually getting that crucial 3rd via Leopold.

"It was a case of putting my body, glove, stick... anything I had on the line just to keep us in the game. Credit to Buffalo, they made their gameplan work and we will have to come away from here and re-group with some positives" said Rangers Goaltender Martin Biron.

There would be a late rally from the Rangers as Gaborik would rattle the pipes, whilst Drury and Ansimov both drew smart glove saves from Miller as the Sabre 'Minder kept his twine intact through the period. Sean Avery would spark some bad feeling with his hard check from behind, but there was nothing left in the tank and Buffalo could celebrate a perfect start.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
Pro

Game 2 - New York Rangers @ New York Islanders

Isles Topple Rangers
Trent Hunter hits 100 with 2 goals, Isles give Rangers 4 of the best

Above: Hunter lashes home his 100th goal on the backhand; (Right) The Isles wrap it up with Tavares on the quick break

(AP) - Another bad night for the Rangers as their early season woes continued with a crushing defeat at the hand of the revitalised Islanders who would imitate the Sabres by taking advantage of the penalty hungry Rangers.

Trent Hunter would inflict the early damage as he would score a quick fire double past the recalled Lundqvist inbetween the Rangers pipes. Lundqvist would suffer like Biron as the Rangers PK Lines once again failed to prevent a barrage of shots at their net, allowing Hunter to score twice, the 2nd being his 100th NHL career goal.

The Rangers would offer some fight in the 2nd period as Prust would push home a consolation goal on the back of a spilled puck by Islanders 'Minder Rick DiPietro. It would be a cruel blow to the Isles who before that looked comfortable enough to complete the game with a shutout.

Rick DiPietro (New York Islanders): "I thought I had the puck at the time, but then I heard a shout and glanced at the puck trickling into the path of the Rangers forwards. I had no time to react, so although we are happy with the win over the Rangers on a personal level I let myself down in a moments lapse of basic netminding"

Into the 3rd period and the same old story would curtail the Rangers comeback before it had enough got off the ground. Yet another Powerplay (carried over from the 2nd) would see Jon Sim touch home for the Isles 3rd. Then as the game became more niggly and aggresive, the Islanders would wrap things up thanks to the future of their franchise, with Tavares racing away to deke out Lundqvist for the Isles 4th.

A familiar ending for the Rangers as their game relied on a comeback in difficult circumstances, leaving them in a 0-2-0 hole to open the season. "Concerned, yes but not overly at this stage. Lets take a step back here and remember its just 2 games and we are still bedding in a couple of new pieces. Time is always the answer to these questions and if im honest, IF we are not able to compete at the right end of our Division/Conference then the buck will stop with me and ill be fully accountable come what may" said John Tortorella (New York Rangers Head Coach).

Old 09-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey Roolz,

Nice to see you doing an NHL franchise, your NFL franchise was excellent so I will be following this with interest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5

This looks very professional, well done, fantastic, and nearly perfect.

Now just send Tim Kennedy to Hartford and call him a bitch.

But losing to the Islanders? That's just un-american
Old 09-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Awesome stuff Roolz...glad my sliders seem to be working out for you.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:09 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongMocha
Hey Roolz,

Nice to see you doing an NHL franchise, your NFL franchise was excellent so I will be following this with interest.
Thanks mate, appreciate it - that seems like such a long time ago now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroWorship
This looks very professional, well done, fantastic, and nearly perfect.

Now just send Tim Kennedy to Hartford and call him a bitch.

But losing to the Islanders? That's just un-american
Thanks for the feedback, and as for the Isles... well at least my controller survived it was rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Awesome stuff Roolz...glad my sliders seem to be working out for you.
Cheers OBG, very good sliders im enjoying the game and getting alot from it and thanks for checking in as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »