Home

just had my first goal review

This is a discussion on just had my first goal review within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2
just had my first goal review

I thought it had become a scrapped idea, as I'd played at least a couple hundred games since released and not seen a review yet.

Came off a deflection from the AI team in a Be A GM mode game. The deflectors stick Handle was above the post, but the butt of the stick itself was well below - they showed about 5 or 6 replays in various speeds then the ref muttered something to the box (no audio) and then put his arms straight out to the sides, declaring it a no-goal. Perhaps 2 lines of commentator audio through this whole procedure.

Any other goal reviews someone has encountered?

An
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: just had my first goal review

I have had 2 reviews in 7 games of BAGM thus far. Both were goals taken away due to my player kicking the puck in with his skates. It was a cool bummer.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

I've seen 2 reviewed, one counted, one didn't. I like that the goal review feature was added, but I'm glad it wasn't overdone. Good job on this EA!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

I have seen one in my BAGM during the pre season. As soon as the goal when in off a deflection the ref called it off saying the stick was too high. Upon review the goal counted. This feature is a good addition to the game.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil
I thought it had become a scrapped idea, as I'd played at least a couple hundred games since released and not seen a review yet.

Came off a deflection from the AI team in a Be A GM mode game. The deflectors stick Handle was above the post, but the butt of the stick itself was well below - they showed about 5 or 6 replays in various speeds then the ref muttered something to the box (no audio) and then put his arms straight out to the sides, declaring it a no-goal. Perhaps 2 lines of commentator audio through this whole procedure.

Any other goal reviews someone has encountered?

An
I have had two so far, one was looking at a high stick and the other was for a kick in, both were allowed. I think this is a great aspect of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

I think I just had the most questionable call you can have in the game on a high stick... the bottom of the stick and puck seemed to be JUST under the crossbar but the goal was still disallowed must've spent 20 mins or so looking at the replay... realistic though since it was inconclusive the call on the ice stood. I still disagree though Tried to save the clip but the damn game locked up..
Old 09-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Meeker's Arena

OVR: 5

Question for everyone. I have only seen goals called off, then it was either overturned or the goal didn't count. Are there ever goals that are not waived off that are reviewed, or for a review does the goal have to be originally waived off?

The Ohio State University
Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeker
Question for everyone. I have only seen goals called off, then it was either overturned or the goal didn't count. Are there ever goals that are not waived off that are reviewed, or for a review does the goal have to be originally waived off?
I'm pretty sure that all reviewed goals are waived off (ref comes in waving arms) directly after the goal is scored, then after the replays the ref determines if it counted or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »