Home

TMac Scoring 43 on Jordan (2003)

This is a discussion on TMac Scoring 43 on Jordan (2003) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
Banned

Brankles's Arena

OVR: 23
TMac Scoring 43 on Jordan (2003)

Man, did TMac sure piss away some great years on horrible Orlando teams... but he put on quite a show while he was there. Would love to see some glimpses of 2002-2003 TMac while he's playing on Detroit this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: TMac Scoring 43 on Jordan (2003)

Glimpses of when he was arguably the best player in the world? That's quite a wish. I hope he proves to himself and the league that he's still a valuable player so he can get the hell out of Detroit and on to a real team the following year.

I can't believe how fat Kemp was and how bad that starting lineup looked.

Vaughn, fat Kemp, Gordon Gricek? LMAO I completely forgot about Gricek.

Watching TMac in his prime is always a good time.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
Banned

Brankles's Arena

OVR: 23

One of the best single seasons stat-wise I've ever seen. He also helped win way more games than that Magic team should have. I'm surprised they even made the playoffs with their roster.

Not sure why I made this thread, just happened to come across some of these videos. I wonder if he'll get any looks at the HoF in a few years? He's got a lot of factors working against him (not winning, albeit on bad teams) and wins seem to be the most valuable thing when getting into the HoF.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #4
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Props to Tracy and all that for back when he was an elite scorer....

....but my GOD it is sick to see Mike perform that way at that age. I don't know if people really comprehend how great you have to be to be that old, play on and off again, and really be on a team that's not very good, and perform at that level against players in their prime. It's just nuts to see some of the stuff MJ is doing there. That dude really is the GOAT. He's putting up a fight even when he's the gray bearded Obiwan.

Meanwhile some guys in this league fall off of the planet when they hit 33.

Can't wait for 2k11 to come out and allow my MJ stanness to run free.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca

....but my GOD it is sick to see Mike perform that way at that age. I don't know if people really comprehend how great you have to be to be that old, play on and off again, and really be on a team that's not very good, and perform at that level against players in their prime. It's just nuts to see some of the stuff MJ is doing there. That dude really is the GOAT. He's putting up a fight even when he's the gray bearded Obiwan.

I was watching that 30 For 30 about Jordan playing baseball for that 1 year and damn, it just really showed how amazing the guy is/was.

To be able to be the best basketball player in the world and then go play baseball, which he hadn't played since he was (I think) 18, with guys that could have made it to the big leagues and put up decent numbers, as well as show improvement every game, was just amazing.

Don't think there will be another one like him, at least in my lifetime.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca

Great post. I feel sad for the youngsters who equate MJ with the "Obiwan" version instead of the "Prime Yoda" version. But yeah, to play at that level at that age is beyond mind blowing.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Too bad T-Mac got injured when he joined a decent team, he was such a special player.. To get into the Playoffs with this team was a great achievement, and why he gained so many fans.

Also fun to see Doc Rivers coach of the Magic, the face of Drew Gooden, and all the roles players that were in these teams ( Pat Garrity ..)

I also forgot this episode of Shawn Kemp's career, I should forget what I saw and only remember his Sonics days.

And Jordan, well he was a legend, only him could have played until 45 and still scoring 20+ PPG.

As a Frenchman, I love the fact that George Eddy is commentating , he is a real legend here, he's maybe the reason why I first watched the NBA when I was a kid. Also loved the fact that he talked about Denver and Cleveland tanking games in this season before the big draft, as we now today who they got.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

T-Mac >>> Jordan

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »