Home

NHL 11 Music Pack Thread

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Music Pack Thread within the EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
BCRT's NHL 11 Music Pack (incl. 300+ playlists, ps3 support, 2000+ mp3s)

NHL 11 Music Pack v1.0b
(For Xbox 360 and PS3)

IMPORTANT: Release notes included in the pack are out of date. Please read the release notes on this page for the latest troubleshooting information and solutions.

Preview

Download Mirrors: (Use WinRar to Extract; I recommend JDownloader to automatically download the files by installing JDownloader and copying the links into your clipboard while JDownloader is running, and then click the Start button. You won't have to wait around to download each file individually that way.)

Megaupload 1: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4

Megaupload 2: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4

NHL 11 Music Pack v1.0b Release Notes

NOTES
  • If you are unaware, I did create a robust NHL 09 Music Pack 2 years ago (and if you didn't download my pack, you may have heard some of my cuts in other music packs you've downloaded since then), and the basis of this pack is built on that. I've been able to remaster the tracks so that the clipping issues from the NHL 09 Music Pack have been reverted and the sound quality should be superior for the most part.
  • If there are any requests to add new songs or remove old ones, please feel free to make them in this thread. Also, if there any issues with the playlists/artist groupings, please let me know about it.

CREDITS

I have to first give credit as this music pack would not have been released at the speed it was without help:

Additional Music Pack NHL 11 Content
  • Fel96, Frost and HMP (Operation Sports) for permission to use their hard work and use it to update my NHL 09 Music Pack.
  • luege1887 (Charlotte), hockeyboy1096 (Abbotsford), lat0212 from (Carolina), coolmichael0000 (Florida, LA), XxAnzeKopitarxX (Nashville) from YouTube

NHL 09 Music Pack Content
  • expressWrestling (Anaheim), GoalHornDude (AHL), LakeErieMonsters (AHL) and SirDestroyAllHumans (Manchester) from YouTube
  • gflamesg from 2KHockey.net for his hard work in putting together many goal songs. I based most of mine off of his work. I'd also like to mention the people he credited as well-- emilsejr, suspicious1, chavakan77, NUMBER4 and arossi12.
  • Preeat (Ottawa), desouza (NY Rangers), Yammer (Edmonton/Manchester), outlaw21 (Chicago/Generic), Oyaji (Vancouver/Generic), Sinnix (Hamilton), Synergy38 (Calgary), Milly79 (Nashville), RebelsHockey (Edmonton), DJ Blue (Montreal) and DigitalAnvil from TBN
  • stoopster.com for the Sens Intro

If anyone would like to use this music pack as a source, go right ahead. In fact I'd encourage people to use my pack as a base to make a better pack with more songs for more teams if possible, or if you plan on making a team specific pack, try using the same naming conventions used in this pack so that people can easily apply it on top of their existing installation. I may or may not do an update later on in the year or early next year with more 08-09 stuff depending on the demand and if anyone else has released team specific packs for me to add into this main package. I'd appreciate it if you did give me credit, and contacted me about it as well. I don't need to give my permission, but I would like to know about the various sound projects that are going on out there, and if the situation is right, I may even be able to pitch in and help a little.

VOLUME LEVELS
**NOTE** You may want to bump up Arena Music Volume a notch or two if you find the volume too low. I find it really depends on your speaker setup and your personal preference. You can also use a program called MP3Gain to do volume adjustments if its required. I also performed dynamic range compression to get the loudness of the tracks to the same level of EA's without encountering the degraded sound quality that existed in the 09 music pack due to extreme clipping.
Home Intro = ~99 dB
Home Goal Horn = ~99 dB
Home Goal = ~99 dB
Star Player Goal = ~99 dB
Home Penalty = ~99 dB
Home Win = ~99 dB
Away Goal = ~99 dB
Away Penalty = ~99 dB
Away Win = ~99 dB
Off Play = ~99 dB
Shootout Off Play = ~99 dB
Intermission = ~99 dB
Win Cup = ~99 dB

PS3 Notes & Installation

NOTE: For the PS3 version there had to be some sacrifices because external playlists cannot be imported as far as I know (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). Instead, for the PS3 version, Music should be applied via the ARTIST option instead of the PLAYLIST option. This means theres no Team Specific Offplay Playlists, but you're not missing much either since the Offplay playlist is so large, that Team Specific songs do not get played very often anyway. You can still create those playlists manually if you'd like to.

INSTALLATION NOTES

1. The first thing you need to do is extract the NHL 11 Music Pack to a USB Device. You might want to extract the files onto your PC instead of directly extracting to the USB device to speed things up, and then copy over the extracted folder.
2. If you have any unnecessary MP3s on your PS3 or MP3s from other music packs, I'd recommend removing them temporarily from your PS3 to make installation a little easier/smoother.
3. Plug in the USB device to go to the Music Section on XMB. Hit Triangle while your USB drive is selected and select Display All. You should see the Music from the NHL 11 Music Pack at this point
4. From here you can press triangle on a folder name and then click copy to import songs. You can do all the MP3s at once by importing NHL 11 Music Hub, but to make things faster you may want to follow the import instructions in the section below instead. If you import them all at once, it will be very slow to browse to the AHL and CHL teams because there will be too many Artist Groups.

CUSTOM MUSIC INSTALLATION STEPS

NOTE A: Select songs via the ARTIST option!
NOTE B: To apply an ARTIST group to ALL TEAMS IN THE SAME LEAGUE, after you select the ARTIST group, select "APPLY TO ALL TEAMS IN SAME LEAGUE"

1. Import NHL Music Hub->CHL->WHL onto your PS3 from the XMB
2. Apply Team Specific Artist Groups for every WHL Team
3. Import NHL Music Hub->CHL->QMJHL onto your PS3 from the XMB
4. Apply Team Specific Artist Groups for every QMJHL Team
5. Import NHL Music Hub->CHL->OHL onto your PS3 from the XMB
6. Apply Team Specific Artist Groups for every OHL Team
7. Import NHL Music Hub->Generic onto your PS3 from the XMB
8. Import NHL Music Hub->AHL onto your PS3 from the XMB
9. Apply Generic Artist Groups (Home Penalty, Away Goal, Away Penalty, Offplay, Intermission, Win Cup) to all teams in AHL
10. Apply Team Specific Artist Groups for every AHL Team (There are no Artist Groups for Oklahoma at this time)
11. Import NHL Music Hub->NHL onto your PS3 from the XMB
12. Apply Generic Artist Groups (Home Penalty, Away Goal, Away Penalty, Offplay, Intermission, Win Cup) to all teams in NHL
13. Apply Team Specific Artist Groups for every NHL Team
- For Home Goals, if Home Goal Artist Group doesn't exist use Home Win Artist Group (required for OT Win)
14. Apply Generic Artist Groups (Home Penalty, Away Goal, Away Penalty, Offplay, Intermission, Win Cup) to all teams in ELITSERIEN, SM-LIIGA, DEL, O2 EXTRALIGA, NATIONAL LEAGUE, NATIONAL, OHL, QMJHL, WHL, PROSPECTS, and if you wish, CUSTOM TEAMS

ADDITIONAL NOTES
  • I put all of the songs under an Album called "NHL 11 Music Pack" so it would make deletion of all the songs extremely simple by grouping by Album in XMB.

Xbox 360 Notes & Installation

IMPORTANT NOTES *READ THIS FIRST*

NOTE 1: I'm exclusively using Windows 7 with Windows Media Player 12. If you're encountering problems with streaming in Windows XP/Vista or Windows Media Player 11, you might want to check out the NHL 09 Music Pack Thread ( http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=21508 ), as there are a list of tips on how to setup streaming and avoid all of the common problems. In addition, throughout the thread there are various solutions also discussed.

NOTE 2: This music pack was created with the intention to use it via Windows Media Player 12 Network Sharing. To enable network sharing in WMP12, switch to Library mode and then click "More Streaming Options" under "Stream", from there you should be able to enable your Xbox 360 to access your PC's media content. Ensure that your Xbox 360 is on before you try this.

NOTE 3: There are other media sharing solutions that may or may not work such as Winamp Sharing, TVersity, or Connect 360 (Mac) but none of them have been tested by me.

NOTE 4: Both the Music Files and Playlists have to be in your Music Library/Watched Folder.

NOTE 5: You need to put the playlists in your Music Library and make sure they are recognized in your media player Library before starting NHL 11, as once you start the game, it is locked as to how many playlists it will look for. For example, if you have 50 playlists, and then start the game, if you add 50 more it will only show 50 of your 100 playlists.

NOTE 6: If you add a playlist into the game but you find the music isn't playing, its likely that either your MP3s aren't in a watched folder, or WMP has the playlist in it's library but did not pick up the MP3 automatically. You'll need to follow the instructions in Note 3/4.

NOTE 7: You may need to set the default media folder to your WMP shared media in the Dashboard. To do this go to the Xbox 360 Dashboard -> My Xbox -> My Music -> Select the Computer with the NHL 11 Music Pack files, and then play a file briefly before stopping it. Also, having playlists on the Xbox 360 Hard Drive may prevent NHL 11 from reading from the Share.

NOTE 8: Some people have encountered problems with music resetting back to default while playing online. If your music has reset back to default while playing NHL11, ensure that your connection to your PC is still active and restart the game. DO NOT go back into the Media Hub before restarting the game or else the playlists will need to be set up again.

NOTE 9: Watched Folders is what they used to define the folders WMP looked for Music in, in Windows XP/Vista. In Windows 7 its just called the Music Library, so if I'm switching back and forth between those terms, thats why. They are the same thing.

QUICK INSTALL GUIDE
NOTE A: TO APPLY A PLAYLIST TO ALL TEAMS IN THE SAME LEAGUE, AFTER YOU SELECT THE PLAYLIST, SELECT THE "APPLY TO ALL TEAMS IN LEAGUE" OPTION
NOTE B: If at any point (after following all steps below), playlists are showing up in WMP but not in Media Hub, try closing and starting WMP a few times.
NOTE C: Browsing through the NHL playlists will get a little slow towards the end of the NHL section unfortunately using this method, but the AHL and CHL should be relatively quick in comparison. Total installation will still take a couple of hours, but its still much faster than if you tried to browse through all of the playlists at once.

EA poorly programmed the Media Hub on the Xbox 360 version. It is so slow that it will take literally HOURS to set up all the playlists since NHL 11 re-reads the list of playlists off the network multiple times when you are browsing through it. To avoid this problem I'd recommend advanced users to do the following:

1. Open Windows Media Player 12, and make sure you are in the library mode (if you aren't in the library mode, there will be a button on the top right hand corner which says switch to Library)
2. Before putting any playlists/songs into your watched folder, make sure there are no playlists that show up in WMP's playlists section. If there are playlists, delete them from your library (you can add them back later by dragging the playlists into your Windows Media Player
3. Extract the Media Hub folder into a watched folder for Music. To see what your watched folders are you can click Organize -> Manage Libraries -> Music
4. Make sure WMP sees all of the playlists. If it doesn't, you can add Playlists by switching to the Music Section on the left hand bar, and then dragging all of the playlists from the Media Hub folder (the playlists should be from the Media Hub folder which is inside your watched folder)
5. Ensure Streaming is enabled and then go to your Xbox Dashboard (exit out of any games) and to the My Xbox -> My Music section and find the network computer which has the NHL 11 Music Pack on it. When you go inside to browse this computer, in the Saved Playlists section you should see all 357 Playlists from the Music Pack. If theres any less, then you need to repeat step 4
6. If you're getting duplicate playlists or more than you should have, then you'll need to repeat Step 2 and then Step 4.
7. Play a playlist to make sure it will play the music and default to the computer with the NHL Music pack on it for streaming. Stop playing after you confirm that it will play.
8. Start NHL 11 (it is important to do this after Step 1-7 and before Step 9 or else it might not show the playlists at all or only show a limited number of playlists).
9. Make a temporary folder (in a place where WMP doesn't watch, such as on your desktop) and cut the playlists from the watched folder and paste them into the temporary folder.
10. After Step 9, Ensure no playlists show up in WMP. If there are any that show up, delete them from the playlists section in WMP (delete from library option)
11. Cut and Paste the Generic Playlists from temp folder into the Media Hub Folder. (They are prefixed "NHLXB 99")
12. Ensure that the playlists show up in WMP. If they don't, then go to the Music section of WMP, and then drag the playlists from the Media Hub folder into WMP
13. Perform Steps 1-7 in the PLAYLIST INSTALLATION STEPS section.
14. After Step 13, leave the Generic playlists in the Watched folder. DO NOT DELETE THEM OR MOVE THEM!
15. Next, Cut and Paste the Playlists prefixed "NHLXB 98" (ANA-BOS) into the Media Hub folder and perform steps to add these playlists to respective teams. For Home Goals, if Home Goal Playlist doesn't exist use Home Win Playlist (required for OT Win).
16. Repeat step 15 for "NHLXB 97", "NHLXB 96" and onwards until "NHLXB 73". Its important you do these sets of playlists one at a time! Also, ensure that WMP is open during this process.
- You'll notice it will get a little slow applying playlists towards the end of the NHL teams because the Generic Playlists are really deep in the list at this point, which is why separate Generic playlists for AHL-Euro, OHL, QMJHL and WHL. Apply these as instructed below (step 9-14)
17. Once you've installed all playlists, I'd recommend backing up your NHL 11 Profile Save to a USB device just in case it ever gets overwritten (which may happen if you have network connection issues).
[Oct 2, 2010] 18. If you're having online connectivity problems, you'll want to set up a second profile for online use. Click Here for Online Playlists and Installation steps (Do this AFTER you install the regular pack).

PLAYLIST INSTALLATION STEPS
NOTE: TO APPLY A PLAYLIST TO ALL TEAMS IN THE SAME LEAGUE, AFTER YOU SELECT THE PLAYLIST, SELECT THE "APPLY TO ALL TEAMS IN LEAGUE" OPTION

1. Apply Generic Home Penalty Playlist to All Teams in the NHL
2. Apply Generic Away Goal Playlist to All Teams in the NHL
3. Apply Generic Away Penalty Playlist to All Teams in the NHL
4. Apply Generic Offplay Playlist to All Teams in the NHL
5. (NHL) Apply Generic CAN Offplay Playlist EDM, OTT, TOR
6. Apply Generic Intermission Playlist to All Teams in the NHL
7. Apply Generic Win Cup Playlist to All Teams in the NHL
8. Apply Team Specific Playlists for every NHL Team
- For Home Goals, if Home Goal Playlist doesn't exist use Home Win Playlist (required for OT Win)
9. Apply Team Specific Playlists for every AHL Team (There are no playlists for Oklahoma at this time)
- When you get to Worchester apply AHL-Euro Generic Playlists ("NHLXB 83" prefix) to all AHL teams, then apply Worchester's Team Specific Playlists. Its important to do it in this order for speed.
10. Apply AHL-Euro Generic Playlists ("NHLXB 83" prefix) to all teams in ELITSERIEN, SM-LIIGA, DEL, O2 EXTRALIGA, NATIONAL LEAGUE, NATIONAL
11. Apply Team Specific Playlists for every OHL Team ("NHLXB 80" prefix)
- Apply OHL Generic Playlists to all teams when you get to the Windsor Spitfires
12. Apply Team Specific Playlists for every QMJHL Team ("NHLXB 77" prefix)
- Apply QMJHL Generic Playlists to all teams when you get to the Victoriaville Tigres
13. Apply Team Specific Playlists for every WHL Team
- Apply WHL Generic Playlists to all teams when you get to the Vancouver Giants
14. Apply WHL Generic Playlists to all teams in PROSPECT TEAMS and CUSTOM TEAMS if you wish

Archive: NHL 09 Music Pack Thread

Last edited by infinityBCRT; 10-02-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NHL 11 Music Pack Thread

Looking good. I am downloading now. Gonna take some time, but I will give you some feedback once I get all the files on my computer.

From the looks of it, it looks better than my sound pack.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm using this pack. Nicely organized and relatively easy to do if you follow the instructions. Thanks alot!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Heres the Xbox 360 Online Playlists for v1.0b: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5PLI9C8X

Normally, if you try playing online/on HUT with the full music pack installed, you'll time out. If you want to play online with the generic playlists + goal horns/songs and avoid this issue you'll have to make a secondary profile on a different storage device for online use.

1. Put these into your NHL 11 Music Hub directory and make sure WMP is showing them.
2. If you have your normal NHL 11 profile saved on your HDD, you'll want to take out a USB drive and set it up to be an Xbox 360 Storage device. If you have your normal NHL 11 profile saved on a USB drive, you'll probably want to store your secondary profile for Online use on your HDD (although you could also store it on another USB drive).
3. Start NHL 11 and select the HDD/USB drive that you want to use for online (it should not have an NHL 11 profile on it already).
4. Set up the Generic Playlists for all leagues (prefixed by !NHLO)
5. Set up the Goal Song/Goal Horn for every individual team (prefixed by !NHLO)

You should be able to play HUT/EASHL/VS online with those limited amount of playlists without any connection problems now. You can switch between profiles in the MY NHL 11 section of the menus.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukeboxbully
I'm using this pack. Nicely organized and relatively easy to do if you follow the instructions. Thanks alot!
Thanks. Unfortunately its not as simple on the 360 side because the Media Hub is extremely slow. I don't know how much to chalk up to EA vs Microsoft's API, but even NHL 09 was better than how NHL 11 handles things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

I've asked this question in other threads but have gotten no response. Does 105 db distort everything? I've never really understood raising the volume too much because you can just adjust it in the volume settings. I'm going to download your pack and check it out. I'm still up in the air about which one to use.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #7
Rookie

pratojr79's Arena

No, holtzie...it may sound like its distorting or clipping in your pc, but it should sounds fine "in game"
Old 10-02-2010, 03:47 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratojr79
No, holtzie...it may sound like its distorting or clipping in your pc, but it should sounds fine "in game"
I've played a few games with songs at 105 db and some of them sounded awful. And some of the goal horns for whatever reason would keep switching between my left and right speakers on my surround sound.

I think I am going to use this pack simply because at 99 db there is less chance of distortion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum »