Home

the Y button

This is a discussion on the Y button within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2010, 03:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
the Y button

I dont know what they could have done with it but having it as the hurdle is kind of a waste. for example it may just be me tho, when i use the Y button to jump/hurdle it is 99% not successful. but if i just run without pressing a button my player will hurdle people by himself. have not played a single game where this wasnt the case
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: the Y button

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce601
I dont know what they could have done with it but having it as the hurdle is kind of a waste. for example it may just be me tho, when i use the Y button to jump/hurdle it is 99% not successful. but if i just run without pressing a button my player will hurdle people by himself. have not played a single game where this wasnt the case
yea it really is useless but then people would complain for some reason!
i think there is no reason because the CPU does it for you any ways!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fridge
yea it really is useless but then people would complain for some reason!
i think there is no reason because the CPU does it for you any ways!
I was actually fixing to post about the jump/hurdle button on offense and if anyone regularly used it or was successful with it outside of when its automatically done. I thought maybe it could be used to jump over low hit stick attempts but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: the Y button

yeah.....if only they had some crazy futuristic technology that would allow us to configure the buttons ourselves. Oh.....wait....they had that and it was awesome so some moron removed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA
Old 09-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Banned

Actually i like the hurdle button.

I find that if your opponent is big on the hitstick, they generally hitstick down because it feels better going down, with the same direction of the otherstick.
When people do hit stick down it doesn't take much timing to hurdle them.

What i think sucks about running in this game is that you can be running a full sprint then just change your direction and still maintaining full speed. Online i don't even use the truck stick, i just cross up my opponent by running a slant when i get to him, works for cpu and people. Works on me too... and it sucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

i agree about the change of direction thing especially with faster backs such as CJ, DMC, charles, bush ,and felix jones.

regarding the y button actually its pretty useful to hurdle over low hit sticks as others have stated. also it works well to get over defenders or blockers laying on the ground. my favorite way to use is when im coming to the corner of the endzone and i have ppl in front of me sorta like this without the flip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW0Vu...eature=related) i knw i could use the X button to dive and try and sneak the ball into the pylon but when u have ppl in front of you usually they will knock the ball out ur hands.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
Rookie

yeah i get it is useful for jumping low hitsticks but what im saying is when i press y to hurdle the low hit it never works. but if im just running and someone low hitsticks usaully about 90% of the time he breaks into an automatic animation and does a hurdle on his own.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce601
yeah i get it is useful for jumping low hitsticks but what im saying is when i press y to hurdle the low hit it never works. but if im just running and someone low hitsticks usaully about 90% of the time he breaks into an automatic animation and does a hurdle on his own.
ive only had my player hurdle over low hit sticks on hus own 1 or 2 times usually i have to do it myself wut difficulty r u playing on?

and u probably have the timing wrong which is y it wnt work for u when u try n hurdle ppl

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »