Home

If everybody in the NBA went back to their prme for a year...

This is a discussion on If everybody in the NBA went back to their prme for a year... within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
If everybody in the NBA went back to their prme for a year...

If every NBA player that plays right now went back to thier prime for a year while being on the team that they are on now, who would be NBA champs? I think Boston would win hands down, I mean it would be unfair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If everybody in the NBA went back to their prme for a year...

maybe the Heat, but good point with Celtics

but dam the lakers too..

hmmm
Old 09-16-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 30

Boston would implode.

If Shaq could stand sharing the spotlight with Kobe, how would he deal with KG, Pierce, Allen, JO, and Rondo?

I think if the Heat had signed Penny as rumored then they would be the best team.

Orlando gets a ton better as Dwight would have great wing players with Carter and Shard.

1. Boston (obviously with a team of old has beens they're the obvious choice)
2. LA (Fisher and Artest become much better players, Kobe is the best scorer in the league)
3. Miami (no real change aside from better center play)
4. Dallas (Best PG and second best PF of the contending teams with Butler and Marion being much better than now)
5. Orlando
Old 09-16-2010, 03:35 AM   #4
MVP

Taur3asi3's Arena

OVR: 17

Not the best but I wanna give a mention to San Antonio with Parker, Manu, and Duncan obviously but also Antonio McDyess. Duncan and McDyess in the paint would be one of the best c/pf combos in the league, he was a really good and getting better until Aliens stole all the cartilage in his knees.

Also, there is no way in hell prime Shaq could deal with playing with Allen, Pierce, JO, and KG all in their primes. Too bad 'Sheed isn't there still or it would be even more absurd.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Boston would murder everyone....in a seven game series, only Miami might sneak in a game or two.

I don't get Shaq not being able to play with KG, Pierce, or Allen in his prime....the Shaq/Kobe drama was by most accounts, more Kobe than Shaq. KG and JO are excellent PF's to line up next to Shaq because they were great man defenders and could stretch the floor. Pierce is your perimeter scorer and Allen is right there with him in that department as well (remember he averaged 25 PPG during his Sonic days).
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

boston - shaq in his mvp prime, kg in his mvp prime, pierce at his scoring best, allen at his scoring best, rondo in four years, jermaine o'neal in his early-mid indiana days, current nate robinson, 2008 kendrick perkins...loaded.

lakers - kobe in his scoring/athletic prime of mid-2000's, current gasol, three-five years down the road bynum, mid-2000's artest, current odom, mid-2000's fisher, 2008 vujacic, everyone else stays the same.

heat - all players current, with the big men dialing it back a few years.

thunder - everyone adds three years. scary.

dallas - nj nets version of jason kidd, four years ago version of dirk, five years ago version of marion, two years ago version of butler, three years ago version of terry, everyone else stays the same.

magic - dwight in two years, vince from seven years ago, rashard from five years ago, current jameer.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

The Celtics hands down.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

Just on the court, Celtics. Too deep, too many weapons. If you're talking about for a season, with off-the court and locker-room stuff added in, the Celtics implode and half the squad is in jail. Especially if Sheed is on the team. It depends on who's coaching the teams, too.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »