Home

Am I CRAZY!?...or are Madden's Player MODELS just OFF??

This is a discussion on Am I CRAZY!?...or are Madden's Player MODELS just OFF?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Am I CRAZY!?...or are Madden's Player MODELS just OFF??

Im trying to figure out what it is about Madden's player models that seem to be off in regards to capturing a sense of realism, and I know they kind of addressed the 'Gazu' heads of earlier years but they still leave me with a bad taste in my mouth even in version 11. And I dont get that feeling when I play NCAA 11.

What do you guys think it is ....or am I crazy?

I'll take a stab at it, I think the legs are disproportionate to the player's arms and feet.

Its like many of the players look like Ichabod crane with the thin thighs and long feet.

Has there been any discussion at all about the lack of authenticity in regards to player models...not the player per player likeness, but just the overall all around average NFL football player likenesses.

For example you look at someone like Michael Turner and he has thunderous thighs and is built like a little tank, but Madden doesnt capture players like that very well.

Or maybe its just their animations that give them this robo cartoony look and feel. Tackling feels rubbery and lacks that oooommph! that you get when you play NCAA 11.

What do you think?

Last edited by Lisa_Bonami; 09-14-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Am I CRAZY!?...or are Madden's Player MODELS just OFF??

i agree, frank gore looks too skinny and larry fitzgerald has a tiny head with big legs... while they have other player models down right! a little inconsistent if you ask me
Old 09-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
Rookie

grlacher's Arena

OVR: 4

They need to get some pointers from NCAA 11 modelers. Madden models always look off. They look too cartoonish.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

I totally agree player models are way off...why they took player body editing out of next gen I dont understand...it would alleviate all these problems
Old 09-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

I remember NFL Fever 2004 had some awesome player models...you could see these players from a birds eye cam and still make out certain players identities because of how well they were modeled. Even if they were a bit on the exaggerated side, they looked good and stylish.

I still enjoy kicking it into 2nd gear when one of my quick backs gets to the outside because of how well it looked and felt. I dont get that same adrenalin rush with these models
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

Your not crazy...but you shouldn't talk about "unimportant things" like if football players in the game LOOK like football players. GAMEPLAY is all that matters...according to some. Everything else has no value. Me, I personnally HATE the way the players look this year and the gameplay plays as well as the players look. LOL

Full disclosure...I don't play Madden11 anymore.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

This is exactley why we should be able to edit body types like we can in NCAA.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree. It's the same thing with the football being too big and the field feeling "off" at times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »