Home

New Tuner set is BAD

This is a discussion on New Tuner set is BAD within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17
NHL 11 NEW TUNER NEEDED

Now before you guys say "get better" etc etc, I will tell you that my record in EASHL club and otp is 41-14, 15 goals, 38 assists, +50 as a 2 way defenseman. (So please don't come on here and say "you just suck")

Shooting:

I am very frustrated that I am being punished as a defenseman. When I get the puck at the point, I usually have 1-2 guys pursuing me.. Now if I can get free of those guys I can get to the slot and take a slap shot.. HOWEVER, according to redshirtEA (developer), they made the slapshot ineffective in the slot.

I don't know about you, but if the other team allows me to creep in and take a slapper in close, then that is THEIR fault. It is not a glitch if I score a slapper in the slot. So why did they lower it?

Also they lowered wristers in the slot as well. I don't get it..

robo-goalies

The robo-goalies are back as well. When the game first came out, a 66 (standard AI Goalie) played like a 66. They would have realistic reactions.. Now its more robotic.. It is almost like the goalie can be all the way on the other side of the crease and then warped to the other side...

Checking

This, for the most part seems fine. My guy has 80 balance, 83 speed, 83 endurance, 83 acceleration, 80 agility and I am able to lay some massive hits.. YOU CANNOT just throw everything into checking. Remember it is a real time physics engine so speed, balance, stamina play a roll.. SO I LIKE the checking for the most part..

HOWEVER, 1 little thing is that i see boarding calls when a guy hits someone going 2 miles per hour. But when someone comes charging at full speed, it is not a boarding call... Seems like there are too many phantom calls.

Phantom calls:

Seriously the tripping animation where the guy barely moves it bs. I dont care what the rules say. All I know is that when I watch the NHL on tv, they dont call that.

Other than that it seems fine (maybe too much elbowing but i upped my disipline to 80)

Poke check:

Simply too ineffective. I have 85 stick check and yes I am good at poking the puck away but what is bs is that my guy barely puts his stick out. I find my self stick lifting more which is fine but I would also like to have the physics back to where the poke check is a more viable option.

Protect puck and dekes

I am amazed at how people can be surrounded by 4 guys, yet they do protect puck and it automatically goes through guys.. Even my teammates do it and I just sit back and roll my eyes lol.. Also I like the dekes but again, it shouldnt mean that it should go THROUGH people.. A good deke doesnt make you warped through someone..

99f4a9fd-e815-4542-a1d5-bf23e7f6aee9
1.03.0199f4a9fd-e815-4542-a1d5-bf23e7f6aee9

Last edited by HawkeyMediaPlus; 09-13-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: New Tuner set is BAD

Don't people ever listen or read posts by Redshirt? He has said time and time again, NOTHING HAS CHANGED WITH GOALIES except for the fact that in close slapshots and shots near the goal line don't go in as much...

C'mon people.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
Rookie

TON1C's Arena

OVR: 2

He may have said that but it sure seems like they have changed.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with most of the OP except for poke checks. Poke checks are pretty well balanced versus everything except the A button puck protect, which I agree needs to be nerfed. Wrist shots don't do diddly anymore unless you whip it back for that curl shot. Slapshots from the point are a joke, now the slapshots in tight were a bit glitchy, but reduce the accuracy and beef up the power a bit. Slapshots/deflections/screens these are all virtually non existant because even in the off chance a defender gets a good shot on net, the goalie will still see it through a good screen.

Checking is fine, but some consistency would be nice in the penalties.

As for the comment that wristers haven't been touched. Delete the tuner settings and head into practice mode, then re download them. The new tuners have turned it into nhl 10 with big hits, which is frustrating.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #5
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

The issue is that good hockey play is penalized, bad hockey is rewarded. Goals come from deke deke deke curl shot goal. Passing, set up, point shots, now are all simply excercises in futility. It is the pure Cherry Picking that is the best method to get goals.

We will see how they adjust next time..... who knows anymore.... If you can't stop the glitchy type goals, then at least alow us to score legit ones every once in a blue moon..

Late,

The Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #6
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
The issue is that good hockey play is penalized, bad hockey is rewarded. Goals come from deke deke deke curl shot goal. Passing, set up, point shots, now are all simply excercises in futility. It is the pure Cherry Picking that is the best method to get goals.

We will see how they adjust next time..... who knows anymore.... If you can't stop the glitchy type goals, then at least alow us to score legit ones every once in a blue moon..

Late,

The Guru
These don't work if you use a good set of sliders. I've scored many clean wristers and point shots .
Old 09-13-2010, 12:49 AM   #7
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
These don't work if you use a good set of sliders. I've scored many clean wristers and point shots .
The issue is with online where you cant use sliders.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #8
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted
The issue is with online where you cant use sliders.
True, but nothing has changed like I said earlier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »