Home

Something weird plus framerate

This is a discussion on Something weird plus framerate within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Something weird plus framerate

Ever notice when there is an extra base hit bot the shortstop and the second baseman go to cut off the ball leaving the first baseman to cover second? Very weird and should be fixed. Also why is the framerate so poor in certain ballparks? Couldn't they have fixed that with a patch? Have the devs ever addressed this issue?

Good game overall though..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Something weird plus framerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guigsdaddy
Ever notice when there is an extra base hit bot the shortstop and the second baseman go to cut off the ball leaving the first baseman to cover second? Very weird and should be fixed. Also why is the framerate so poor in certain ballparks? Couldn't they have fixed that with a patch? Have the devs ever addressed this issue?

That's not wrong though. In real life, you have two cutoff men so that just in case the outfielder overthrows the first one, the second one can recieve the throw so the ball isn't just rolling around the middle of nowhere. That's actually the correct set-up for the play.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guigsdaddy

I've seen both these things occur. The first baseman should never be covering second, no matter how far the ball is hit. He should get in line with the other cutoff men and stand near the mound.

The framerate is poor at certain, and this can be very frustrating, but it doesn't ruin the game. I notice that day games usually have better framerate than night games. Also, sometimes with runners on base the framerate gets real bad.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by striper_43
I've seen both these things occur. The first baseman should never be covering second, no matter how far the ball is hit. He should get in line with the other cutoff men and stand near the mound.
the first baseman only does that if there is a runner heading for home. He is there to cut the ball off at the call of the catcher, in order to try and prevent runners from advancing extra bases.

As for the first baseman covering second, that is actually the correct play. With no runners on and a ball hit into the gaps or down the line, the first baseman trails the runner to second to "cover the bag" in case of throw or throwback to the base. Depending on which gap or line the ball is hit, the 2B/SS will go out about 60 feet to be the first cutoff man, and the other(2B/SS) should be about 30 feet behind him just in case of an errant throw to the first cutoff man. This is done to prevent against runner advancing to third on wild throw.

The game has the rotation of fielders on cutoff throws correct.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 09-11-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:

The framerate is poor at certain, and this can be very frustrating, but it doesn't ruin the game. I notice that day games usually have better framerate than night games. Also, sometimes with runners on base the framerate gets real bad.
Youve never played baseball then. Anytime a ball is hit in the gap you have a double cut which consists of the ss and 2bman...the 1bman covers second in case there is a play there. This is a prime example of why the complaining about this game is taken with a grain of salt. So many people complain about things when they dont understand...it doesnt look right to them so they think something must be wrong with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

Here is how the fielders should line up... on a straight line between the outfielder fielding the ball and home. The first baseman should not be covering, unless maybe the ball is hit to DEAD center field.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

Here is how the fielders should line up... on a straight line between the outfielder fielding the ball and home. The first baseman should not be covering, unless maybe the ball is hit to DEAD center field.
thats if a runner is on. If there are no runners on base, or a runner on 3rd, the first baseman's job is to trail the runner to second. He only stands by the mound in the event of a throw to home, in order to serve as a cutoff man.

Keep reading wherever you got that diagram from and I'm sure you'll see that the 1B does indeed have a responsiblity to cover second.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:

Every level I played on starting at high school through major college ball had a double cut with the ss and 2b and the firstbaseman covering second. Maybe some coaches do things different but I'll just say that every coach I played for did it the way I'm talking about. Im not saying your diagram you found there is wrong but Ive never seen it done this way for any team I played for or against.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »