Home

Madden 11 sales strong

This is a discussion on Madden 11 sales strong within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Madden 11 sales strong

Quote:
The figures for the North American market launched by the NPD Group for the month of August has show the video game industry decline in terms of sales by about 10 percent over the same period of last year, with the software segment being the hardest hit, despite the very successful launch of the Electronic Arts made Madden NFL 11.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/NPD-S...t-155922.shtml

Quote:
After a start to the year that saw dramatic declines in sales with UFC Undisputed 2010 and Tiger Woods 11, NCAA Football 11 was able to buck the trend by growing by 8%. Now the official numbers from NPD have arrived for Madden 11 and tell a similar tale. Overall sales for the game rose 12% year-over-year.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/09/09...ong#more-27332

So can we end the myth that Madden 11 isn't selling?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 11 sales strong

I know people think otherwise but to me this is bad news for the sim community.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I have noticed more marketing this year than previous years though

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Video games as a whole aren't selling much, the only games that are selling well now are games with a huge online focus. Because games with a strong multiplayer community have the highest replay value. That's why I wasn't surprised at all that EA was focusing on Madden 11 online features so much.

Multiplayer games are the only things selling well now, even MW2 is still in the top 10 for August after how long its been out. Its business.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

i can't believe this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

12% over last year isn't a big deal, as last years' Madden sales were abysmal.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Madden sales are down since 2006 though and they spend much more on marketing. No wonder EA has declined so much the past five years. It is not just EA, the video game industry is in big trouble long term as the global economy enters into a deflationary depression.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Video games as a whole aren't selling much, the only games that are selling well now are games with a huge online focus. Because games with a strong multiplayer community have the highest replay value. That's why I wasn't surprised at all that EA was focusing on Madden 11 online features so much.

Multiplayer games are the only things selling well now, even MW2 is still in the top 10 for August after how long its been out. Its business.
What is ironic about this is that online is where this years madden is taking the most heat. The lack of defense compared to madden 10 (can't adjust sliders), the new 3 button kick meter that is annoying as anything when playing with lag (and I get terrible lag this year). Then there is the online pass which requires people to spend additional money to play online as a a separate user or buying the game used.

Imo, this is not good news. The game really went away from sim play and fans overall have reacted positive. Next year we can look forward to a return of "big head mode" and "da boot" cheats. It's enough to make a person want to start following hockey.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »