Home

EASHL frustration

This is a discussion on EASHL frustration within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
EASHL frustration

Seems to me that everyone my team plays is far superior. Shots they just throw at the net are going in, insanely-awesome poke checks, they're faster, quicker, and shoot way harder. Not only are the human-controlled players better, but their AI is better than ours too. We are a solid hockey team, and we don't "just suck". Is it possible we're simply running into teams that have purchased boosts? I've heard that the game takes the averages of your human players and gives those numbers to your CPU players; is that true?

Either way, EASHL was pretty frustrating last night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6
Re: EASHL frustration

Well have you maxed out your boosts? Because I'm sure most other teams have. And no offense - honest question - but how do u know u all don't suck?

Last edited by Redskins Pride; 09-10-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins Pride
Well have you maxed out your boosts? Because I'm sure most other teams have. And no offense - honest question - but how do u know u all don't suck?

No, we haven't maxed out our boosts. Am I the only one who thinks it's lame that almost every other team has spent actual money on making their players as good as possible right off the bat, effectively making VASTLY uneven two days after the game comes out?

I know we don't suck because we've been a club since NHL09 and routinely play very good hockey... and have good hockey sense. The great shots we take don't go in, and the terrible shots our opponents take go in time and time again. It's nowhere near balanced... and I think it's just silly to have to spend additional money (after paying $60 for the game) to make my player and squad competitive.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

The issue is, these teams probably are better than yours. I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm sure you play good hockey, but there's probably a few hundred (or thousand) teams that play great or excellent hockey.

The issue right now is there's no spread between all the teams so you're going to see uneven matchups. That should finally even out in a few weeks once the wheat has been separated from the chaff.

For the record, I put myself squarely in the chaff category. Not trying to be elitist by saying what I did

And you also can't assume that people just bought boost packs. Some of these guys put sick hours in to unlock their slots right away. They play focused and get what they need to max out their stats pretty much from the get go.

I did buy the boost I reasoned that I'm probably not going to play enough to be able to unlock all the slots that I need to help me play my best in the limited amount of time I play the game and figured the 240 point investment for what effectively amounted to a 10 OVR boost was worth it for me in relation to the time I would've needed to unlock that same boost pack.

That being said, there are guys on my team that are miles better than me even rated 10 points less...
Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
Rookie

EASHL is not easy, you gotta elarn how to do tirangle and quick touch-passing to set-up open ne.

Alsot it helps if you play against an human goalie and with an human goalie. Might be easier to score. If you pla 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3, just find the glitch eveyrbody who plays 3s will exploit soon.

Also, EASHL is another level. You can be very good in versus but still be avg in EASHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

People will say the EASHL is all skill and the boosts don't matter. Honestly I don't understand how people can say this? You must have the boosts too.

I pre-ordered and got a boost pack from Gamestop, and my guy is an 86 overall. I can compete with anyone out there so far. A few of my friends do not have boost packs, and they simply cannot score. They take perfect shots from the slot and the goalies always stop them. Meanwhile, anyone with a boost pack can beat the goalies clean even without any kind of screen.

My defensive d-man with a boost pack actually can easily outskate our non-boosted forwards. I actually have to watch because as our forwards skate over the blueline I can easily catch up to and pass them through the zone without using any speed burst.

I'm the stay at home type of D man and I'm the last one to join the rush, but now I'm actually skating into the back of forwards who are plowing through the ice like a dump truck.

Once the non-boosters get their vet cards and above, they'll be mostly equal. This same thing happened last year. Until then the boosters have a big advantage.

It isn't impossible, but it is more difficult to win when you not only have to be better than the other team, but significantly better to overcome boosts.

It isn't skill. We outshoot every opponent by a ton and set up tons of great chances. If we weren't good, we would not get point blank chances over and over.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aepoc
I've heard that the game takes the averages of your human players and gives those numbers to your CPU players; is that true?
This is true as well. We were playing with one human winger and one human D and our CPU guys are useless while the other team's CPU players are significantly faster than our human ones.

For those saying you can overcome the boosts, they are probably playing with a mostly full human team. If you play 2-3 guys and the other team boosts and you don't... it is an uphill battle.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
People will say the EASHL is all skill and the boosts don't matter. Honestly I don't understand how people can say this? You must have the boosts too.

I pre-ordered and got a boost pack from Gamestop, and my guy is an 86 overall. I can compete with anyone out there so far. A few of my friends do not have boost packs, and they simply cannot score. They take perfect shots from the slot and the goalies always stop them. Meanwhile, anyone with a boost pack can beat the goalies clean even without any kind of screen.

My defensive d-man with a boost pack actually can easily outskate our non-boosted forwards. I actually have to watch because as our forwards skate over the blueline I can easily catch up to and pass them through the zone without using any speed burst.

I'm the stay at home type of D man and I'm the last one to join the rush, but now I'm actually skating into the back of forwards who are plowing through the ice like a dump truck.

Once the non-boosters get their vet cards and above, they'll be mostly equal. This same thing happened last year. Until then the boosters have a big advantage.

It isn't impossible, but it is more difficult to win when you not only have to be better than the other team, but significantly better to overcome boosts.

It isn't skill. We outshoot every opponent by a ton and set up tons of great chances. If we weren't good, we would not get point blank chances over and over.
Speaking of the boost pack from preorder, I'm guessing I'm picking the wrong equipment because I've redownloaded it twice and still am not sure which equipment is the actual bonus preorder equipment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »