Home

Basic Question

This is a discussion on Basic Question within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Basic Question

I love the managing part of sports games. I was utterly and completely addicted to NFL Head Coach 09 (dear me what a game. But I digress). I really don't enjoy taking control of players. I enjoy building a team, and watching them perform on game day based on the plays I call.

That being the case, Does the NHL series offer that ability? Meaning, can I build my team in GM mode, then play the games and simply tell my team when to change lines and stuff? Do I HAVE to control my selected player, or will the CPU take over all players on my team if I do not give any input on the controller?

I haven't purchased an NHL game since at least '03. The series is really starting to look like a blast, but I enjoy sports games a little differently than most. So I wanted to be sure it is at least able to do, in essence, a CPU vs CPU mode but still allow me input into the game (like changing lines).

Thanks for the help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Basic Question

Dont quote me on this but I dont think so... Im pretty sure if you actually go into the game you have to play. You may be able to load they game without choosing a side (maybe, probably not) but then you would just be watching the game you would not be able to call line changes. The closest thing to what your describing is HUT. Its an online dynasty building mode with lots of options but you do have to play games to earn pucks to continue to buy cards, packs, etc. You can also play be a GM offline and just simulate the games 1 by 1 or a whole season at a time. You would be able to set all your lines, name captains, sign free agents, waive players/pick up waived players, trade players + draft picks etc. If you really into the managment stuff I would recommend that a just sim a couple games at a time and tinker away with the team all you want! Good luck!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Basic Question

Thank you for your response. Very interesting indeed! I will have to look into that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »