Home

Highest amount of pitches in a complete game

This is a discussion on Highest amount of pitches in a complete game within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Highest amount of pitches in a complete game

Recently i played a game in my franchise and threw an 2 hit 19 strike out performance with Stephen Strasburg. i never really paid attention to the pitch count until the 9th inning because Strasburg still had some energy left in the tank to go through the 9th inning. when i finally looked at the pitch count with two outs in the 9th i was shocked to see 133 the highest amount of pitches i have ever thrown with a starter. With that being said whats the most amount of pitches you have ever thrown with a starting pitcher

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Highest amount of pitches in a complete game

was he available his next scheduled start?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

I have never come close to that, but I had C.C. Sabathia throw a complete game against me with a pitch count around 146 or 147. The funny thing is he still had a little energy left in the tank. I am pretty certain that pitch count and energy have less to do with each other than the type of pitches, the power of those pitches, and whether from the stretch or not.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

OVR: 7

Edwin Jackson went somewhere around 130 on me in a 2-hitter. He had like 6 walks and several long at-bats.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

what rosters are you using? did you change any of strasburgs pitches/ratings? I'd like to know because I can't get that many k's with strasburg...average 5-6 per game usually...If you could tell me..that would be great, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Highest amount of pitches was 155 for me. Of course, that was by the CPU. I think that he was used in his next start, just that they had a lot of relievers that game.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Around 126 with Javier V.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #8
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
was he available his next scheduled start?
Yes he was. i had an off day in between series so he ended up with 6 days of rest which did the trick. if it was the normal 5 days though i probably would have skipped him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
what rosters are you using? did you change any of strasburgs pitches/ratings? I'd like to know because I can't get that many k's with strasburg...average 5-6 per game usually...If you could tell me..that would be great, thanks.
I am using the Re-Rated OS rosters but you must realize i am in the year 2014 in my franchise young players are alot better than thy started out. and it's not so much the rosters as it is what pitches you throw. it is very possible to do that with any pitcher you just have to mix your pitches well and hit your spots. most of the time i was striking out batters with Strasburg's slider and change up. Towards the end of the game i mixed in a few mid 90's fastball's to throw the CPU's timing off again. also never use Max velocity all the itme you will just find yourself with a really tired pitcher by the 6th inning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »