Home

Be A GM already fixed? Patch incoming...

This is a discussion on Be A GM already fixed? Patch incoming... within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Be A GM already fixed? Patch incoming...

This from a fellow called Server_Gurn on the EA forum. It's nice that a full patch is confirmed although I can't vouch for his credentials but it should be genuine info. Apologies if this is old news. Couldn't see it anywhere else.

"Hey Guys…just a quick note. For those of you that downloaded a roster update prior to the official launch of NHL 11, you may have experienced a few issues with Be A Gm due to our stress testing. So, if you downloaded a roster update, all you need to do is either delete your online roster or go and get another roster update that was released last night at launch and the problem will be rectified.

The second issue that you may have encountered is unsigned prospects leaving your team in your Be A Gm in the first offseason. Issue itself is that unsigned rookies only remain unsigned for one year currently throughout Be a GM. We’ll be addressing this issue in a patch but for now, if you want to start your Be A GM at the NHL ENTRY DRAFT, scroll down in the settings tab and set your starting roster to DRAFT DAY DEFAULT. If you start in the regular season you can choose any roster you wish but just sign the prospects you wish to sign (if any) by the end of the following re-sign phase. "
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Be A GM already fixed? Patch incoming...

Hmmm, so there is a second roster update and if we get that it should solve the AHL issue? Has anyone tried simming with this update yet?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

Ok, just did a super quick sim 5 games into the regular season using the roster update and the only NHL names in the AHL were Draper and Drury. I did the same sim previously and ended up with a list of 20-30 big name NHL players in the A, so I'm hopeful.

I'll try a few more times this evening, but this is a good sign.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Ok, just did a super quick sim 5 games into the regular season using the roster update and the only NHL names in the AHL were Draper and Drury. I did the same sim previously and ended up with a list of 20-30 big name NHL players in the A, so I'm hopeful.

I'll try a few more times this evening, but this is a good sign.
Yep, Aday...it at least looks like things are starting to come around.

Is it your opinion that a roster update can cure the AHL issue? Or will it take a patch to really do the trick?
Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yep, Aday...it at least looks like things are starting to come around.

Is it your opinion that a roster update can cure the AHL issue? Or will it take a patch to really do the trick?
Well I'm going to try another sim, only this time I'm going to fix teams with cap issues myself and see what happens. I'm wondering if Drury keeps ending up in the AHL because of his massive contract.

I have no idea how a roster update could fix the problem as I don't know what the problem actually was, but I'm hopeful after my first sim results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

Kinda odd that you have to go online to get the roster. They've been so good the last couple years of having downloadable rosters without having to start a online game to get them but no such luck so far this year.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am so glad that there is an active post going on about this issue. I searched all morning online looking for answers about this and I can atleast follow this post until a resolution is found.

This is my understanding of what happened. EA released a roster update that was available before the game was released in stores, and since some people had their hands on the game at that time, this "corrupt" roster update would screw up the franchise if you started it up with these specific rosters. Now what I dont understand is how a simple roster update could cause a bug in franchise .. but that was the explanation given by EA.

NOW ... from what I understand, there is a new roster update that you can only get by connecting online, and THIS one is supposedly not the same one that was creating the issues. The problem now is whether this new roster update helps ..... so hopefully your testing it out and we get some positive results. What I suggest you do is sim for a couple of years .. and see if you find any interesting trends or bugs.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbie87
NOW ... from what I understand, there is a new roster update that you can only get by connecting online, and THIS one is supposedly not the same one that was creating the issues. The problem now is whether this new roster update helps ..... so hopefully your testing it out and we get some positive results. What I suggest you do is sim for a couple of years .. and see if you find any interesting trends or bugs.
Yep, that's how it seems to be. There are 3 possible rosters that one can have: the default ones that came on disc, the pre-release update, and the release day update. The easiest way to see which you have is to check out the Red Wings roster. If they don't have Modano, that's default rosters. If they do have Modano but don't have Hudler, that's the pre-release. If they have both Modano and Hudler, that's the newest set.

My very first sim (on the weekend) I didn't really have any stars in the AHL at all, nor did I have any big names going stale in free agency. At the time however, I was using my own edited version of the default roster set.

My next sim I used the pre release roster update and there were all kinds of problems. Almost every star player was in the AHL and in some cases (Phoenix I think it was), the first two full lines were in the AHL.

Finally, this morning I did a quick sim using the 3rd roster set and had no real issues outside of what I mentioned up there. This evening I'll do a couple more and I'll do a long one and we'll see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »