Home

Question about Be a GM mode (CHL players with contracts)

This is a discussion on Question about Be a GM mode (CHL players with contracts) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Question about Be a GM mode (CHL players with contracts)

Have been messing with the game for the better part of the evening tonight, and I have come across a problem.

It seems that CHL players who have existing 2-way contracts cannot be moved to the AHL roster during Be a GM mode during year one - the only choice is NHL or Juniors. I have even tried moving players to the correct AHL affiliate prior to beginning a Be a GM, and the problem still persists. Is there something I am missing here?

For example, Kyle Beach is currently listed on the Spokane Chiefs in the OHL with an existing 2-way contract with the Blackhawks. Once in a Be a GM mode (even with moving him directly to the AHL Rockford Icehogs Roster from the main roster menu) my only choices are to place him on the NHL roster, or to relegate him to juniors for year one.

Considering that in real life, Beach will likely spend the year in Rockford with an appearance or two with the 'Hawks, I would like to be able to keep him in Rockford.

Any ideas of what (if anything) I might be doing wrong, or will we just have to wait for another roster update as the season approaches?

Last edited by FredoXV; 09-08-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
Rookie

kzoz21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Question about Be a GM mode (CHL players with contracts)

the ai probably thinks he's too young. hence the junior option
Old 09-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #3
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoz21
the ai probably thinks he's too young. hence the junior option
Was thinking the same thing. I go to Chiefs games and he definitely is too old to come back to juniors.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Boston Irish's Arena

OVR: 0

Players coming out of a CHL contract cannot play in the AHL until they are 20. players drafted from Europe, NCAA or elsewhere can be under 20 however. I imagine the game is same way?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Irish
Players coming out of a CHL contract cannot play in the AHL until they are 20. players drafted from Europe, NCAA or elsewhere can be under 20 however. I imagine the game is same way?

This makes perfect sense, and would explain the issue. However, it would also indicate a glitch in the game's AI, not properly taking into account players' age. Instead, it is just making a blanket assumption that players in juniors are too young, even if they are 20 and should be eligible for the A.

I am going to try again and place a couple of players (Beach, Shawn Lalonde) as FA's and see if picking them up causes the same problem.

Hopefully a roster update will solve the problem, I imagine this is too small of an issue to be addressed in a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »